Back to Hogwarts

Molly came bustling into the room, untied the twins, and told them to make sure they had everything packed, then come down for breakfast. 

Once everyone left her room, Hari tapped her wand on each of the walls, resetting her anti apparition wards, the twin-proof ones. The other one she had set up was a prank ward, they would see the effects later.

She quickly got changed and got Duck into a cage that he couldn't pick his way out of, and then shoved the cage that was magically expanded on the inside into her bag.

She started down the flight of steps, tripped over her luggage as Fred and George apparated beside her, rolled down a flight of steps and was thankfully stopped by Hermione's quick cushioning charm.

#) Hi there. (# She looked up at her from the floor.

"Hello," Hermione said, looking down at her before helping her to her feet.

They all went down for breakfast and it wasn't long before they were being ushered out the door by Mrs. Weasley. Hari looked around for Remus and Sirius, then remembered they wouldn't be accompanying them as there was a full moon tonight and as Remus wasn't feeling at all well because of it, Sirius was staying with him.

They took a muggle public bus to King's Cross, Hermione and Hari handling the transaction, which confused the bus driver who kept looking at Mrs. Weasley and back at the six teens and one young adult with her as if asking if those were all her children. Hari laughed to herself, wrong kids but too small a number.

They arrived at Kings Cross and made their way one at a time through the barrier onto the platform. Hari looked around the platform, watching the owls swoop over the crowds before making her way onto the train. Ron and Hermione went to the prefect's carriage. She found Luna alone in a compartment and sat down opposite the girl who was reading an upside-down copy of the quibbler. 

"Hi there Hari Potter," Luna said dreamily.

#) Hey Luna. (#

"Quibbler?" Luna asked, pulling another copy out of her bag.

#) Thanks, (# Hari took the magazine from Luna, opening it to the first page just as Ginny helped Neville drag his trunk into the compartment.

"Hey," Ginny said, plunking down on the seat beside Luna, then blushing slightly and scooching slightly further away. Hari noticed this but said nothing.

"Guess what I got for my birthday?" Neville asked Hari, their birthdays were one day apart. 

#) Some cool kind of plant? (#

"Yea! I got a mimbulous mimbletonia!" He held out a small grey cactus in a pot. It looked like it was covered in boils and the spikes looked incredibly spiky.

#) Lemme guess, it does something cool and magical. (# 

"Loads of stuff!" said Neville proudly. "It's got an amazing defensive mechanism. Here, hold Trevor for me . . ."

Hari took the toad from him and watched as he pulled a quill out of his bag. He stuck his tongue between his teeth and jabbed the quill into a boil. All Hari saw was an explosion and she acted out of instinct, her arms flew up and an emerald green shield appeared between everyone and the plant.

A black tar-like substance exploded everywhere and covered the walls. The emerald shield flickered and vanished. Everyone looked at Hari in surprise. 

"Was that wandless magic?" Ginny asked of Hari and Luna looked around at the goo coated walls in amusement.

Hari nodded sheepishly, pulling out her wand and starting to vanish the goo.