Ch 10

Not edited.

Russell stood outside the bathroom with his his back against the wall and his head tilted back. He tried thinking of anything he could to get Russell junior to go back to sleep but even the worst possible scenario couldn't make junior sleep. Her face kept pushing through the images he was trying to manufacture and then her body would appear and junior was all prepared to say hello again.

He let his mind drift to when they'd found her, out there, in the sun.

They nearly lost her. She could have been gone forever. It was only that they'd decided to go home early from the barbeque they were at that they found her when they did.

His heart nearly leapt out of his chest when he stood at the kitchen sink to get a drink and he saw her still lying out in the sun. He couldn't speak at the time, he just ran and Jax followed.

When they got to her and saw the state she was in he found his voice and screamed at Jax to bring her into the bathroom while he raced inside. He'd got the water running before racing back to the kitchen and slammed his way through the cupboards until he found the vinegar. An old wives tale that had served him well as a child. He poured half the bottle into the swirling water in time to hear Cori's muffled moans as Jax carried her in.

He wanted to cry when he saw her again. She couldn't stand by herself so while Jax supported he undressed her as gently as he could when all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her and beg her to be all right... to stay.

He'd already lost one woman and he wad terrified he was about to lose another before she even knew just how much he cared for her. The next few hours were horrifying for him and Jax. They'd laid on the bed watching her, neither were game to move in case they hurt her. They'd tried to wake her to get her to drink but found that she was out cold, there was no way she'd wake up and her skin was burning to the point that they could feel the heat from her without actually touching her.

They stripped her with no séxual thought what so ever and went into a type of basic survival mode. What must have buckets of water were sponged over her while they used a teaspoon to dribble water into her mouth. If they could have they would have used a damn hose to get the water into her. They crushed paracetemol tablets and disolved them in water and dribbled them into her mouth as well... they had no doubt that if she'd been awake she would have gagged from the taste but in her state she couldn't refuse and they had to get the temperature of her body down. They kept sponging her over and over and every four hours they gave her more tablets.

The whole process had been exhausting both mentally and physically but their own bodies were too wired up to feel it. They did what they had to do. They had to save her and while they didn't actually get the doc to come they did ring and ask for advice and were gratified in the knowledge that what they were doing was the best thing they could do for her apart from actually putting her back into the bath which they weren't prepared to do while she was unconscious as it was too small for either Jax or himself to get in with her to keep her up and safe.

Seeing her eyes open was the best feeling ever. He just wished that Jax had seen it as well, he'd been a mess by the end of it all. When her body finally stopped radiating heat Jax almost collapsed from the relief. He'd cried and like himself he thanked God for not taking her.

"Russell" Cori spoke softly beside him.

He snapped quickly around to look at her. He hadn't heard the door open.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

She nodded, although very tired and still rather sore, she really was ok.

"Thank you for taking care of me."

He drew her into his arms and dropped his chin to the top of her head though almost let her go as he felt her cringe slightly at the pressure on her arms. He loosened his hold and she melted against him.

"Please don't do anything like that again sweetheart. We can't lose you too."

Cori stayed in his arms, welcoming the comfort he was giving her. She could easily feel that his 'problem' was now gone. Whatever had him so engrossed in thought when she opened the door had obviously had a dampening effect on him.

Russell moved back slightly and as her face turned up to his he smiled softly.

"We care about you sweetheart. We'll always look after you."

He lowered his head and gently kissed her lips. Just teasing, gently stroking her mouth with his.

"Hey, if he gets a kiss where's mine?"

Cori jerked back quickly from Russell in shock before stepping away from him. She stared at him. This was not what she was expecting from him. Yeh sure, his... manhood... had been, well, hard but he... Jax...

"You're gay!"

Russell and Jax both started to laugh. Jax got off the bed and walked over to her and picked her up easily while still mindful of the burn of her skin.

"Come back to bed babe. It's been a long long day and I'm tired."

He moved onto the bed and gently placed her in the middle before looking down in her eyes as she watched him with a curious expression.

"Russell and I are gay for one another but we still like women."

"You're bi?" she asked.

"In technical terms, yes but no."

"Huh?" Ok now she was confused, how the hell could it be yes but no?

Russell climbed onto the bed beside them.

"Jax and I have only ever had sex with each other. There's never been any other men. Others just don't do it for us."

"What... so you aren't attracted to other men at all?" she looked from one man to the other.

As he half lay next to her Russell looked at Jax as if daring him to answer her.

"I was attracted to someone else and I flirted with him a bit."

"What happened?"

"Russell found out and threw me out."

She gasped and looked at the dark expression that Russell was sporting.

"I don't share the people I love. It's either me or someone else. Not both... ever."

"But... you kissed me!" she blurted out.

Both men started to laugh, her expression was far too cute not to.

Jax lowered his head to hers with a grin.

"So let me even the score."

He kissed her with far more vigour than Russell had. Her gasp of shock had his tongue exploring her inner mouth and as she started to groan he sucked on her tongue briefly before moving away and finishing the kiss leaving her almost breathless.

She stared up at him in shock before looking to Russell who watched them with a huge grin on his face.

"Perfect."

******

OK so yes it's a sorta cliff hanger but well... I'm not sorry cause well... I'm not. I guess you'll just have to read the next update to find out what happens next.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!