Chapter Ten: The Divide

Hey guys, Cipher here!

I just have a little announcement: chances are, I'll need to take a little 2 week hiatus.

I have graduation coming up in less than a week, and I have a ton of things I need to do to prepare for the ending of school. And then even after that I have a lot of college registration stuff to do. So as of right now, I won't be updating until July 3rd. I'm behind on my preferred writing schedule and I don't have any time to write for fun as of now. But once everything is over, I'll hopefully be able to write a lot more.

There is also the chance that if I force myself I could finish all my school related stuff quicker, I might update. So if you see me come back the 26th, then you know why lol. Just wanted to let you guys know in case I do end up disappearing until next month.

Hope you enjoy this week's chapter. Share, vote, and comment if you'd like! Feedback is always appreciated! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n didn't remember falling asleep. She must have been really tired if she had just blacked out like that.

But as she came to in the same field as she did the night prior, she couldn't really complain. The girl jumped up, looking around for any sign of Bill. She didn't know how to tell if he was with her or not, but she certainly couldn't wait to tell him about what she had found.

"Uh, Bill? Are you here?"

Silence followed, accented by a roaring breeze and the rustling of leaves. Y/n was a little disappointed; she wanted to brag about her little discovery. But if Bill was busy, well then he was busy.

"I can't just expect him to drop everything and visit me when I go to sleep," she chuckled to herself, sliding back onto the floor. "I guess I'll just have to tell him another time."

She weaved her fingers around long blades of grass, admiring their color and growth. If Bill wasn't here to talk to her, then she guessed she could take the time to sit back and enjoy the time she had there.

Y/n leaned back on the oak tree behind her, the bark rough against her hoodie and hair. She closed her eyes as a light breeze tickled her nose and brushed against her side. The air smelled of the pines off in the distance, mixed with a light dew mist.

She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the remnants of home, letting the silence wash over her and relaxing her tired and tense limbs. She brought her legs up to her chest, cradling them close to her as she stared off into the distance. Green hills as far as the eye could see; trees poking into the sky; fluffy clouds painted against a baby blue background— yeah, she wouldn't mind sitting here without Bill visiting her.

Being in her own mind had it's benefits. One of them that Y/n loved to exploit was "summoning" things from her everyday life.

With a snap of her fingers, her phone and headphones dropped into her lap. She couldn't recreate every single detail about the device, but it was enough to allow her to start listening to one of her multitudes of varying playlists. She hit shuffle on the most recent one.

"Dream Eating Monochrome Baku?" She asked out loud, recognizing the song blasting through her ear buds. "It's been a while since I heard that," she laughed.

Y/n closed her eyes, taking another deep breath.

"Yeah, this might be a bit better than talking to Bill."

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

Bill was running late. That wasn't something the rather formal triangle did.

It wasn't necessarily his fault: how was he to know that Pyronica and Keyhole were planning an arson on a neighboring dimension as revenge for when they flooded theirs and needed his help at the last minute?