Chapter 35 -Protective Measures

"Because that's what you and I do. Protect each other."

-Suzanne Collins
(A/N: IM SORRY I LOVE HUNGER GAMES I JUST HAD TO...any fans?)

-

Braxton's POV

"Sir, the company currently has lost all its investors and the stock values are dropping rapidly. There seems to be no chance for recovery," I heard my one of the board directs report.

"Sir! There has been many media reports that we will be going bankrupt...Are we announcing bankruptcy...? We are already very deep in debt..." another board director yapped away.

All these board directors are chirping non-stop. They aren't even doing anything to help this situation!

This must be all that boy's doing!

How dare Alana team up with him instead? I am her father!

All because of something they call love. Oh...my lovely wife...Alana should have been the one to be six feet under...

I disregarded all their bullshit and left the room. I got onto my car and headed for Knight Enterprises.

Trevor...your parents will definitely help me out.

What a failure you are...

-

Upon arrival at Knight Enterprises, I threatened the front desk to bring me to where Maxwell Knight was.

I was brought into his office to be greeted by the whole family. Except Trevor.

Interesting...This makes my tattle tailing much easier.

"What are you here for?" Maxwell questioned coldly.

I was a little taken aback by the foreign coldness from this apparently "warm" businessman image that he had.

"Well Mr Knight, it has come to my attention that your son has been fooling around with my daughter and he's been trying to make my company go under...Would you please help me deal with this situation?" I was already begging at this point.

I was too desperate. I was too prideful.

Bankrupt? Never.

To my utmost surprise, Maxwell began to laugh uncontrollably with tears forming in his eyes.

Patricia and Elenore Knight were scoffing in what seemed to be disbelief.

What are they...

Don't tell me they were in this with that boy...

"My my Braxton...the audacity you have to be here." Maxwell replied me, stressing on the word 'audacity'.

I was utterly confused.

Is there something I'm not catching here?

"Your dear daughter and you tried to sabotage us, even making use of our son. You two tried to make us topple all the way to rock bottom. Now you're asking for help? What a joke," Maxwell was glaring at me intently now.

I stuttered, "I'm sorry...I...Please help out right now...I'll make it up to you...Wait what...?"

"Wasn't Trevor the one helping you destroy my company? He was never part of my game..." I trailed off a little confused.

What was Maxwell getting at...

Maxwell was visibly confused and taken aback as if he suddenly did not know what was going on.