Chapter 1 Part 1 : The River's Edge

Jughead VO: Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town

Jughead VO: Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world... Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the Fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride.

The Blossom Twins, Cheryl and Jason, Park their car and arrive at Sweetwater River, They are wearing matching white clothes and hold hands while they walk to the nearest boat. "Are you scared Jason?" Cheryl Blossom says as her brother looks at her, giving her a reassuring look.

Jughead VO: The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge. Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it"

Cheryl is soaked from falling in the water. She gives Dilton Doiley a chilling stare. The only thing Cheryl can say is "Jason..." Police boats search in the water for Jason's Body. Cheryl, now joined by her parents Penelope and Clifford, is still giving the same death stare that she gave Dilton Doiley when he found her. A Married Couple is watching the police as they drag the river looking for Jason's Body, The man is giving a disapproving look while the woman is giving a scolding look while her arms are crossed. "If he is dead, Hal, I hope in those last moments he suffered. May Jason Blossom burn in hell" The woman says with a disgust in her voice and keeping the same scolding look.

Jughead VO: So a week later, the Blossom family's buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the "July Fourth tragedy" on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town.

                  - - - - THE PEMBROKE - - - -

   A Black Limo pulls up in front of a lavish apartment . Stepping out of the limo are two very attractive woman, many would believe they were sisters but in fact they were mother and daughter. Hermonie Lodge and Veroinca Lodge. They step out of the Limo looking at there new living situation, "Now brace yourself. The apartment's small, a pied-a-terre, but "Quality, always." Hermoine and Veroinca say simultaneously "Plus, it's the only piece of property in my name and not your father's" Hermoine says as she walks off leaving Veronica continuing to admire her new living space.

   As Veronica and Hermoine enter the Pembroke, they are welcomed by Smithers "Ms. Hermione! Welcome home!" Smithers says with joy in his voice. "Smithers! Oh, you are a sight for sore eyes" Hermoine says as she embraces Smithers, "How was the ride?" Smithers ask"No traffic, thank God. Smithers, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter, Veronica." Smithers and Veronica shake hands. Smother goes to get the rest of the bags out of the limo "Oh, and would you like some menus, ma'am, so you can order in?" Smithers ask the oldest Lodge "Oh, no. I have been craving one of Pop Tate's cheeseburgers since noon." Veronica
gives a face of confusion "What is a Chock'lit Shoppe and why does it sell burgers?" Veronica asks.