seventy seven

~*~*~

~*~*~

"i know everything."

~*~*~

regulus had been thrown against a wall in the courtyard and he felt as if he was about to break, he hasn't even gotten a break before voldemort hit his head off the wall. he was pulled up by his hand and a pair of cold hands cupped his face, his eyes opened to see her, summer. the sun shone around her head like a halo, rightfully deserved, she wasn't wearing the clothes she died in, rather a white dress and her hair was braided in pig tails over her shoulders, she always done her hair like that. when they played quidditch especially.

"i know you're hurt and tired, my love, but you have to get up and fight," said summer, her hands gradually warmed as she held his face, "you're nearly there, the snake is a horcrux."

"how many more?" asked regulus, sounding so incredibly tired from all of this, because he was.

"one more," said summer, "the snake and then a ring, but you must kill him now. he's here right in front of you, do it now. the snake and him."

"but, what if he comes back on the one horcrux i didn't get?" asked regulus but summer merely shook her head.

"i'll get it for you and bring it to you," said summer, "you can do this, reg. you're a hero now."

"i don't want you to go," said regulus as he choked out sobs as he clung to her, the world had white and it was only them, "i need you."

"not anymore," she said into his ear as they hugged for the last time, "you know what you have to do, reg. kill the snake and then him. i'll get the ring for you. you can fight, you can kill him."

"i'm sorry for everything," said regulus to which summer ran her fingers through his hair and wiped his bloody nose on a handkerchief, "i love you so much."

"i love you too," said summer as she looked at him, she bent forward and kissed his forehead, "you're an exceptional man."

"this is for you," said regulus, she smiled and then got up and walked away from him, waving as she did so and then in an instant, regulus was back in the courtyard with voldemort.

regulus felt a new power, like summer had given him her last amount of energy and with that, he got to his feet. he looked into the doors for a moment and saw professor mcgonagall duelling with a death eater, as well as fabian prewett. he turned back to voldemort and saw that nagini was slithering close. regulus, with both hands, held them apart and then pushed them together quickly making two pillars fly at voldemort but he managed to avoid them just in the nick of time. regulus didn't give him time to recover because he hit him with stunning spells and just force in general as he put his hands forward one after the other.