Chapter 5

It's amazing how fast time flies when you're swamped with so much homework it could break down a college student AND have to write it all down by quill. The wizarding world is so inconvenient with their need for sticking to traditions, but on the bright side, my penmanship has improved drastically compared to my past life. My writing became a sharp cursive with many sentences ending with sudden flicks of the wrist. Draco has learned to stay out of the spray zone when I become too intense in my writing.

The second week of Hogwarts is slowly meeting its end, meaning it's Thursday... which means...

"Excited to learn how to fly, Harry?" Draco smugly asked. "I'm already good on a broom, my father only gets me the best racing brooms so I know the basics. This class will be easy."

I roll my eyes and started drowning myself in a glass of milk, "Whoop-dee-doo... flying... I'm so excited..."

"Every wizard needs to learn to fly one," Draco continued. "I'm going to be on the team next year with the latest broom there is. Shame we will be learning to fly with the Gryffindors... What are they doing?"

There was a commotion at the Gryffindor table, several boys were talking in the direction of Neville who held a shiny red ball. 'Nice, he got a remembrall... wait...' Ignoring Draco's musing on whether to take the ball or not, I head over to the table and tapped Neville's shoulder. "Longbottom."

Was this kid going to flinch every time I speak to him? "Y-yeah?"

Ron frowned, "What do you want, Harry?"

I poke Neville in the spine, making him sit up straighter and have his full attention towards me. "You forgot your robes and we have flying class, you may need them." I give the boy a large toothy grin as his eyes lit up and the remembrall turned clear again. Very lightly, I patted his pudgy cheek in a rapid but endearing manner about five times. "Never change, buddy."

"Why are you ignoring me?" Ron's frown deepened.

"I answered your question by saying what I wanted to the person I wanted to talk to, Ron." I give him a look then turned my attention to Hermione. "Good morning, Hermione."

The girl, a fair distance away, gave me a wave, "Morning, Harry!"

It's become our little morning ritual to say good morning to each other. I still haven't gotten to the stage where we would be considered friends, but I'm getting there one step at a time. She's always alone, but since I'm always surrounded by Slytherins I don't want the risk of them saying something stupid in front of her. So for now, I'll stick to these little gestures until Halloween.

..... :3..... :3..... :3.....

"Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon Madam Hooch." We all spoke in synch as the hawk-eyed woman walked between the two rows of students as if that was enough for a mental roll call. The day was perfect for flying, blue skies and the grass looked oddly well mowed despite never seeing a lawnmower.

Madam Hooch turned to face us all, "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well? What are you waiting for? Everyone, stand on the left side of your brooms." We all robotically obeyed... well, I was robotic. "Stick your right hand over the broom, and say 'Up'"

Heh, there is no way this would work for me- "Up!" Blimey, it actually worked for me! I look to my right and Draco's broom shot up after the second time. Now it was just a matter of time before other students started getting their brooms.

"Up! UP! GAH!" Ron held his face in pain when the broom went up but preferred it smack his face first, "Bloody thing... up!" The broom finally listened, though I could almost feel the inanimate object laughing at his expense.