38

|Azalea's POV|

I had completely forgotten that Alessio and Enzo were best friends. That meant- I've been screwing my brother's best friend.

With Enzo, things were different.  I had been feeling somehow free. With him, I forget the assassin I was and no matter how wrong it should have felt, it didn't. It felt right. Maybe, just maybe I don't hate Enzo. Maybe…okay I've developed feelings for him.

In those months that I've been there, working with him, I realized that he made me feel things I've actual never felt before. He made me realize that there was much more to this assassin or killer that I was.

When we went to that amusement park, I was reminded of my past- my past with my parents. The life I was living before Vladimir ruined everything. When I saw my dad's dead body and my mom on her knees in front of that bastard, I swore to avenge them. Since then, I've had only one goal in my life. I've never thought about boyfriend, marriage or anything else.

Sure, I did have friends but did I hang out with them? Barely. Most of the time, I was training, ending those who were involved in my parents' death or alone. None of my friends, not even Sean, knew my real name 'Romano'

Everybody in the mafia world knew how the Romanos were killed by Vladimir. Everybody knew how Vladimir Molotov killed the Underboss of the Russian Mafia and his wife. Yet nobody knew that the Romanos had children- not one but two. Me and my brother. Alessio didn't tell anyone about his real name either, not even Enzo.

When I came to 'help' the Italian Mafia, I never thought I'd be treated the way I was. I felt like I was blessed with a family, a new family.

A chance to redemption, to start over.

About Enzo,  I admit that I did have feelings for him. I didn't know whether those feelings were bad or not, worth it or not…He became part of me, whether it was in a good way or a bad way.

Back to Alessio…how would he react if I told him that I've slept with his best friend? Maybe I shouldn't tell him…

"Lea" Alessio's voice snapped me back from my thoughts. I smiled at my brother before hugging him, "So, why are you here?"

He hugged me back, "To discuss something with you. It's very important..." I broke the hug and walked away, motioning him to follow which he did. Once we were in my room, I closed the door and leaned against it. "Talk"

He sighed, "Look…I've found this in our house…which is now burnt." He handed me a diary which had a brown leather cover with our mother's name written on it.

I held the diary in my hands and ran my hand over her name. I could feel tears threatening to fall from my eyes but I held it. Now wasn't the time to be an emotional wreck.

"It's mother's" Alessio said to which I nod, "Of course it's hers, Captain Obvious." He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm which made me chuckle slightly. "Okay so…have you read what's inside?"

He shook his head, "Not yet. Thought we'd read it together, sister."

I sat on my bed and patted the seat next to me. Once he sat down, I opened the diary slowly. I read pages after pages and found nothing interesting. Both me and Alessio was about to stop reading when something caught my eyes.

"Look...." I said to Alessio, pointing on a familiar name written. Alessio furrowed his brow, probably wondering why that name was in our mother's diary.

____________

Dear Diary,

                    Today, I'm going with my husband to meet his boss, Vladimir Molotov, Leader of the Russian Mafia. My husband loves his job as much as he hates it.

Anyway, I'll go with Him since His boss requested to see me. I don't know why…but my husband insist that I go so…I'll be going. Hopefully, nothing will go wrong.

____________

My mother met Vladimir before? I glanced up to see Alessio's reaction. He had his jaw clenched and his eyes fixed on the diary, no doubt still wanting to read more.

"Turn the page." He said which I did. I turned the page…

____________

It's been a week since Vlad and I became friends which seemed weird to Robert, my husband, since he said that he never saw his boss being friendly.

Vlad and I started hanging out much to my husband's dismay.

Anyway, today me and Vlad will be going to a club. He said that he wanted to drink to our friendship. I dressed up nicely and told Robert that I'll be going out tonight. I didn't tell him with who, I told him that I'll be meeting a friend who I haven't seen in long. He didn't ask me questions;  He believed me.

If I had told him the truth, he would've taken it in the wrong way. I wasn't doing anything bad, was I? I was only hanging out with a friend... That's all. A friend.. Who is also his boss…but there's nothing wrong with that.. We are friends. He shouldn't mind.

➷➷➷➷➷