|chapter 8|sadness and cuddles|

TW: racist comments at the start

Fred carried sleepy Lee while looking at the corridors for anybody. Fred found this task difficult because he can't help himself and keep taking small glances at the cute boy in his hands. Suddenly, Draco Malfoy himself appeared out of the corner. His crew following not far behind. Crabble and Goyle smirked, showing their disgusting teeth.

" Ah, the stupid Weasels! I still don't understand how can attend here? Your family is too poor and cheap to get in here. "

George gritted his teeth, while the other Weasley tightened his grip around Lee, making the black boy's head rise from Fred's shoulder. Malfoy must have noticed Lee and his face quickly changed into some evil bastard's one.

" Oh, Lee Jordan! Why are you here? Shouldn't you be somewhere like, I don't know, Africa? Hanging around with monkeys? Oh, wait! You are a monkey! Look at yourself, hanging around a gross Weasel! "

George frowned and Lee left Fred's grasp, feeling embarrassed. He knew he didn't do anything wrong and the boy was making fun of him just like out of everyone, but it hurt. He is always looked down on because of his skin color.

Lee still remembers himself playing and running around a playground with his newfound friend. Her name was Charlotte. He remembers her name not because the girl was so nice, but because of the events that happened after meeting her.

They both were playing calmly, until a man with a bottle in hand came up to the kids and grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her away from young Lee. The eyes of the man were focused on the boy. Lee was scared. The man looked like he wanted to kill the little boy. But instead of doing so, he pointed a finger at the black boy's chest and said:

" Do not touch my daughter you stupid monkey. You aren't even worth to be around us - white people. You are a disgrace and you will never ever be wort as much as the ruling race. Now go home, unless you want me to hit you with a bottle! And never come near Charlotte again! "

Lee immediately started running. Be has never been that scared in his entire life. When he came home he just sobbed into the pillow, while hugging his teddy bear really tight. At that moment, seven-year-old Lee had no one to tell these days events to.

His mom was dead and his dad was a really hard-working man with his own problems. So about his awful day, Lee told to his teddy.

That day he experienced racism. He started thinking that maybe the man was right? Maybe he wasn't worth as much as every white person did.

So the boy was really surprised when he got the Hogwarts letter. He was the happiest kid on the planet! He hoped that he would never have to deal with it again, especially in this magical school. There was even a black professor here named Aurora Sinistra!

But he was wrong because kids like Malfoy exist.

And right now that boy was laughing at him. Lee's face was red from embarrassment. Why was he even feeling upset about this? Because he was tired of being looked at differently. And not in a good way.

" Does the monkey not know how to even talk? Do I need to bring you a banana? " - Draco cackled loudly, soon his two fellows joined in.

Tears were forming in Lee's brown eyes.

And then a punch flew in Draco's face.

Draco let out a loud scream of pain and fell to the floor while holding his bleeding nose. Soon his furious eyes were met by way more furious glare and a grab by the Slytherin's green tie.

" Insult Lee again and I'll make sure you suffer " - Fred said in a threatening tone. Then he went beside Lee and hung an arm around his waist. - " Let's go "

As Fred started leading a very quiet Lee to their dorm, George took the books in one hand, took out his wand in the other one, and casted an 'Ebublio' jinx, trapping Malfoy in a very large bubble that could not be popped by physical force.

He knew, that Draco would need to go get help from someone, because the two idiots, stand in next to him, wouldn't be able to help at all, and he himself can't think normally while stressed. And now he was clearly stressed about his face.

George snickered at the view and then ran after his prank brothers, that will most likely start dating soon and leave the poor George out of everything.

.

Fred led Lee through their common room, with only Hermione sitting there, reading a book. She looked at them but didn't question.

Once they stepped into their Gryffindor dorm room Lee clung to Fred and the Weasley wrapped his own hand around the boy's with dreadlocks torso.

" Would you like to cuddle? " - Fred sweetly asked, while looking at Lee. The boy wasn't looking back, because his face was buried in the crook of the ginger's neck, but nodded.

The two boys sat on Fred's bed. The twin laid down on his back, while Lee said his head on Fred's shoulder.

George laid the books with spells, he was carrying, on the cupboard near thee bed.
He took the fairytale book and passed it to Fred.

" I'll bring us some food. " - George declared.

The twins looked at each other and Fred asked:

" Do you want me to read to you? "

" Mhm " - came a sleepy answer.

Fred opened the book with a green cover with golden lining and started reading it.

Soon Lee wasn't able to concentrate anymore and started drifting off to sleep. And quite soon Lee's soft snores reached Fred's ears.

The twin put the book down near the others and positioned himself comfortably. One arm wrapped around Lee's waist and his own head on the black boy's one.

That's how George found them - cuddled to each other.

Since George was completely not needed there he went to Angelina's dorm. She opened the door and hugged the boy. Soon they were talking and eating snacks, while cuddling.

George told his girlfriend about Malfoy and she got mad. The girl herself was black and thought Lee as her own brother.

The girl decided to plan her revenge and help the pranksters to do theirs.