31

A T R E U S
Mature content 18+

"I do." My father said smiling down at my mother. It felt almost like we were invading on something as they just stared at each other through the entire ceremony. Then it was inspiring that after twenty-eight years they are still so in love, even after all that they went through.

All in all, no marriage was perfect but they both found each other after all the fights, disagreements, arguments that set everyone on edge, through everything.

"In the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, again." The minister said, stepping back. He didn't even get to finish before they were both on each other.

My sisters all groaned in unison, though we saw it too many times already it never got easier. I clapped along with my family who cheered for them both. Don't get me wrong we were happy for them no matter what, it was sweet I suppose.

I wanted to be just like that with my future wife. Inseparable most of the time, but still able to bicker and quarrel and somehow find our way back to each other like nothing happened.

"Let's get this party started!" Uncle Louis said loudly, pulling a champagne bottle from thin air and interrupting their moment by spraying them with it.

-

Sipping on my Gin, I watched as my family conversed so carelessly. It was a rare time to have everyone together in the same place at the same time, so they were really taking advantage of that. After the ceremony we moved from the location we were at to the family's mansion here in France.

The land expanded behind the house holding a garden of different flowers and behind was a circular maze of hedges. From the house the stone path lead over a small canal of water that was used to water the garden to where we gathered below the tents around the low in ground fountain. My parents weren't missing in action like usual rather in the middle of everything with all our parents.

"Thought your girlfriend was coming." Orion said in greeting, dropping into the empty space beside me on the outdoor settee.

I hummed and gulped down the remnants of my drink before answering, "She is, just isn't here yet."

"Is that why you're mopping around and souring the mood." Imani said with exasperation and dropped into the seat opposite the one we sat on.

"Where there's one there's two."

"You didn't deny it." I furrowed my brows at Orion's excited words, cocking one at him.

"That she's your girlfriend, every other time you denied it."

"Well she is now but she wasn't then."

I snapped from my happy thoughts that I got lost in for a second and looked back to Imani, "And I'm not moping around I'm just staying away from crowded places," I spared a glance to where my sisters, our cousins where "And staying away from too many questions." Then I spared a glace to where our parents and grandparents were.

"Crowded places or a certain person in the said crowded places?" Orion added teasingly, extremely joyous of my misery.

I would so like to spend time with my cousins, even her but not her persistent attitude that drives me to annoyance. It may sound irrational but I want to stay I that mind frame where my attention in solely on my woman that I haven't seen in weeks.

"Galina is just eating this up and spitting it out." Imani laughed out and turned her phone to show me the text in the family chat with her less than obvious intent to call me out even if she didn't use pronouns or say my name.