I.

-one year after human transcendence-

Avery Blake had been born a child of extreme passion and care.

She had grown into a little girl who obeyed rather than challenged, cried instead of yelled and hugged instead of fought.

Her and her twin brother had been good kids. Always worried about each other, about others.

But Avery had changed as she grew older. Constant struggle and danger shaped her into a more quick-witted and strong person.

Earth had changed her. Bellamy Blake had changed her. And most may argue for the better.

By the time she was 25, she knew to doubt before trusting. She knew to always have a hand hovering over your weapon, unsure of when it was needed. She knew that in order to protect those she loved, she needed to do whatever necessary.

But this new beginning meant all of that could change again. Once more, Avery could become the compassionate girl she had started out as. She could find the best in people, love with all of her heart and trust with all of her soul.

That's exactly what she did.

She was surrounded by the people she loved most in this world-the only people left. Her family was the most important factor in her entire life and she was blessed to spend the rest of her life with these people.

The safety that the new life offered the group was accompanied by something else...hope for the future.

That hope currently laid in Avery Blake's arms. The little bundle was wrapped in homemade blankets, quietly slumbering away.

Avery smiled down at her newborn daughter as she sat by the shore, listening to the quiet hum of the waves. It was her favourite thing to do when they first arrived on Earth years ago...and it was now her favourite thing to do with her daughter.

The rest of the group were working away at what was to be their village, the sounds of their voices could be heard from somewhere behind.

But Avery had more important matters to attend to- such as being a mother. 

It had been something she had always dreamed of- although her dreams from childhood looked much different. Then, having children seemed almost impossible. How was an illegal child meant to find love on the Ark?

But here she was. Over a century later she was on Earth after a whirlwind life which included wars, end of worlds, time-warping planet hopping and Transcendence.

It had all been worth it. To spend the rest of her life with Bellamy and the others-that was all she could ask for.

She mourned for those they lost along the way. Her brother, Lincoln, Jasper, Monty, Harper and Madi among the many, many others.

But she also rejoiced for the life born into this transformed world.

Avery and Bellamy Blake's little daughter had been the first born in the new world, and while she surely was not to be the last, she was the light of everyone's life.

Smiling, Avery lightly ran her finger across the cheek of her little girl. "Isn't it beautiful, Edee?"

Barely three days old, little Eden Aurora Blake meant so much to the entire family.

Her name symbolized the hope they had held while on the Ring for six long years. The only visible patch of life on Earth had been named Eden by Spacekru. It had been what kept them going, kept them strong.

That is exactly what this little girl was for Avery and Bellamy, as well as the others. She was hope, optimism and courage.

Eden made a small noise as she opened her eyes, looking up at her smiling mother.