˗ˋ 40

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙀 𝙈 𝙀 𝘿 𝙔

! chapter forty ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon had barely slept that night, and alongside the other girls had shared out the parts of their promotional b-side - it was similar to 'Get It' in the sense it was very dance focused, but 'Bon Bon Chocolat' had a different energy to it and mor...

Miyeon had barely slept that night, and alongside the other girls had shared out the parts of their promotional b-side - it was similar to 'Get It' in the sense it was very dance focused, but 'Bon Bon Chocolat' had a different energy to it and more rap parts alongside it.

They all worked increasingly hard to get it done on time, so hard that they barely took any breaks at all, working straight through them and forcing their minds not to drift.

None of the four managed to get back to the dorms when they did finally decide on having a break, and instead took naps on the wooden benches of their locker room, hoodies and jackets pulled over their shoulders.

And when they woke up mid morning - they had worked until dawn - they found boxes of still warm food stacked up in one of Miya's larger lunch box bags with notes in from Hyunwoo, Kenji, Daehwan and Seojun wishing them the best for the day.

After they ate, Miss Jo appeared in the door, apparently having been informed that the four girls of VIVID had been resting in there as opposed to at the dorms or in the lounge area in the floor above them.

She was oddly nice to them for all of five minutes, when she was urging them to get up and they needed to come and learn the choreography for the very next day. Miss Jo also commented on how she agreed that it was a little silly for the entertainment to be so hurried about the entire thing as she sat besides Chanmi, helping her redo the braid in her hair that had fallen out during her nap.

But as soon as they stepped outside the doors of the locker room, the woman's entire demeanour and attitude snapped right back to how it had always been.

It made sense though. As nice as it would be to have someone like that as their dance instructor, the reality was that they would get absolutely nowhere. They needed someone strict like Miss Jo to teach and lead them towards successful practises and learning choreographies.

They spent majority of that day going through the choreography of 'Bon Bon Chocolat', which was just as fun to dance as 'Get It' was. Quite frankly, Miyeon couldn't believe their luck with the decided promotional tracks, whether it be the title or the b-side. They would have to listen to each song many times, and it was incredibly lucky that both songs were just that.

The morning passed by in a blur of incredibly hard practise, and their lunch consisted of lettuce salads that Heekyung brought by, as well as asking Miyeon to come down to the entrance to the building at their next break.

That break came midway in the afternoon, and Miss Jo had alerted Heekyung through a text message ten minutes previous, Miyeon making her way down to the foyer of the entertainment building, where she usually said her hellos and goodbyes to Mr Baek as she came and went from the home of idols.

But now, she was here to meet Heekyung about something. She assumed it was something to do with Jugyeong, who Miyeon had barely seen for a couple weeks now but kind of needed to, to ask about the situation currently going on.

But her steady footsteps across the laminate floor of the large entrance hall slowed as she turned the corner, eyes landing on the mass of chairs and coffee tables put there for visitors.

She saw Heekyung instantly seeing as most chairs were empty. But then sat opposite her on an uncomfortable looking couch was Seojun, and her heart caught in her throat.

Miyeon had been ignoring his existance and the awkwardness surrounding their relationship - which was in absolutely shambles. But had Heekyung noticed it? There was a possibility, she used to have an hawk-eye level of noticing everything but perhaps withh a change of focus to her wedding she might not have done.

"Hi..." Miyeon lowered herself down into the only free space between the duo - right besides Seojun. "Is something happening?"

"I wanted to ask the both of you a question." Heekyung had a smile on her face, and Miyeon was really questioning why. Was it something to do with her, or the group debuts or the change in something important.

"Oh... what is it?" Seojun asked, shifting in his seat and looking just as uncomfortable as the girl did beside him. Quite frankly, he couldn't believe what he had done to his once best friend, but he knew he had ruined it and was really quite ready to do anything to try and fix it. But he didn't know what exactly anything was yet.

"I want you two to sing a duet at mine and Mr Han's wedding." Heekyung was smiling her bride smile as the two trainees looked towards each other in shock, forgetting the awkwardness for a moment.

But then they remembered it and looked away from each other.

"Of course you don't have to answer me now." Heekyung mistook that as worry about them messing up her wedding. "No - you can go away and take some time and figure out songs and come back and give me an answer. I've seen you sing together and the chemistry you have is unmatched. That's something I want to show at my wedding."