𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚎 -- 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕. 𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

I woke up with a nightmare. My body was coated in sweat, my chest rising and falling rapidly in a panic. My hand was over my heart as I tried to calm myself down. I swallowed hard, looking around before reaching to flick my lamp on. My sheets were messed up, the blanket halfway off the bed and on the floor. 

I brought my legs up on the bed, propping my arms on my thighs as I cradled my head in my hands. I couldn’t close my eyes fully in the fear of having to re-live everything I just saw. Usually, I never remember my dreams or nightmares, but this was so crystal clear to me. 

Dabi. I could still hear the echo of his taunting voice. It was a constant reminder of why the fuck I was doing all of this. A constant reminder that this was all his fault. 

What did I ever do to him? I don’t understand why he was targeting me of all people. I don’t understand. And it haunted me. 

Shuffling from my bed, I walked out of my dorm. I trudged down the hall, then the stairs, and into the kitchen. I grabbed the mug I was given, poured some water inside, stuck a teabag in, and then put it into the microwave. I leaned against the counter, the only light in the room being from the microwave. 

“Three days in a row,” 

I looked up, not fazed by the voice in the doorway. Bakugou walked inside, taking his hands from his pockets. He reached for my shoulders, but I quickly moved away from him, crossing my arms over my chest as I laid my palms on my shoulders. Bakugou lowered his hands. 

“Are they bad?” He asked, not moving to come after me. He took the cup from the microwave before it could go off, scooped some sugar in it, stirred it, then slid it to me. 

“...yeah. Sometimes,” I replied back softly. “S-Sorry.”

“Don’t apologize,” He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. “It’s not like you had the choice to be in this.”

“Do you think I can do it?” I asked, slowly raising the cup to my lips. 

“It doesn’t matter what I think. That’s your job, not mine,” He said. “I’ll just be there to back you up. You’re gonna need help, I know that.”