Progress and Pranks

TW: Physical Violence/ blood

^ Don't worry, I don't believe it to be as bad as "Broken Glass." Anyone remember chapter 11 of OOTP??? ;)

Still the normal markers will be in place and the summary will be provided.

This chapter turned out to be wayyy to long and I've split it into two but I couldn't bring myself to remove anything from this chapter oops. 

It had been a little over three weeks since her attack. She hadn't heard anything from her parents, from the Pucey's. From Adrian.

She hadn't decided if that was a good or bad thing. Of course she never wanted to see Adrian again, so she hoped no news was good news. The dull twisting of her stomach was present, slightly warning her. She just wasn't sure what it meant yet. 

Cassandra and Fred had made up, Fred wrapping her in a big bear hug and apologizing for being insensitive. She forgave him though she still wasn't sure he needed to apologize in the first place.

Fred was right, she didn't feel normal. 

Not anymore.

Cassandra had moments later confided in Fred that she still wasn't sleeping well, lying awake at night in order to not hurt George, which is why she believed she had snapped at him.

Fred hugged her close again, rubbing her back. "Cassandra, you're safe here. I'll do whatever you need me to do to make you feel safe and you know George will too. Want me to sit outside the door until you fall asleep? Beat Adrian senseless? George and I could take shifts staying awake and keeping watch if you'd like...Want me to beat Adrian senseless?"

Cassandra blew air from her nostrils, laughing at him. "Well i'd like you safe too so no. No beating him up."

Fred then got a bright idea, one he was sure would help her greatly, literally running out of the apartment, throwing the door open to go find George.

"You two make up yet?" George called when he saw Fred sliding down the railing of the stairs.

Fred sprinted into the office, slamming the door shut. Cassandra leaned against the doorframe of the flat, waiting for them to emerge.

They both came out, seemingly agreeing on the topic since Casandra heard no shouting.

They ended up proposing their idea to her, sitting Cass down on the couch, explaining their idea to ease her troubled mind.

Cassandra agreed though she had doubts on this working. She figured there was no way it would last...or Fred would even go through with it.

So that night Cassandra squeezed in the middle of George's bed, Fred bouncing in from his room, clutching a small brown teddy bear, smiling like a kid. "I really think this will work Cassie and it should be fun! Like a big sleepover. George and I haven't had a traditional sleepover in ages."

George sighed as Fred wiggled into the opposite side of Cassandra, slightly irritated at the loss of his space. Well, no actually...more likely the thought of hearing Fred's obnoxious snores all night. "Fred, we shared a bedroom and dorm for eighteen years. Not to mention a womb."

"Yeah and I beat you out first didn't I, loser."

"You wanker that's only because I—"

Cassandra sat up, turned around to look at them both. "Both of you shut it. This is supposed to help me sleep and you two bickering is doing the exact opposite."