We'll Sleep When We're Old (April 2020)

Harry: 26 Camryn: 25Auggie: 5 1/2Calum: 2Bindi: 1 month

Harry: 26
Camryn: 25
Auggie: 5 1/2
Calum: 2
Bindi: 1 month

❤️ thank you so much to lottiemac for this request ❤️

"I'm gonna scream,"Camryn whimpers, putting her fingers in her longe blonde hair and pulling at the roots. "Harry, I'm gonna go crazy."

"It's fine, it's fine,"Harry assures her with a whisper as he holds the screaming baby to his chest and bounces her soothingly. "She's gotta stop at some point."

"She won't, though,"Camryn sighs, banging her head gently against the wall she's standing against. "She hasn't stopped crying since she was born."

Now most would think that's an exaggeration, but it's far from it. Bindi was born 3 weeks ago in the middle of the night and out of those 23 days since she was born, Harry and Camryn figure that she's cried through 22 1/2 of them.

For the first couple of days they both assumed it was just the normal newborn fussiness. A bout of I'm really little and this is a really big world and I'm a bit overwhelmed. That is, until the fussiness didn't stop for 8 days straight. That's when they figured that something was probably wrong. So, they took little Bindi Belle to the doctor who decided that she had colic. It was one of the most severe cases he'd ever seen, he'd said. Great Harry thought. Nothing like having a newborn baby with colic and 5 other kids that need him.

Harry can't remember a time where he was more overwhelmed and tired. Between a newborn baby who can't seem to soothe no matter what he does, 5 other kids who still needs their lives to go as normal despite having a newborn little sister and a wife who's still recovering from a long and grueling labor and delivery, he feels a bit like his head is under water.

"Why're you so sad, huh?"Harry coos down at little Bindi pressed against his chest. Her hands are clenched into tight fist as her face puckers up into a red scream. Her screams are agonizing and it's destroying Harry and Camryn.

The bad part about colic cries (other than the fact that they are mostly unsoothable) is that they're because your baby is in pain. And having to watch your tiny newborn baby, who has no way of communicating to you what's hurting, scream in pain is one of the most agonizing feelings Harry has ever had.

"Bindi Belle,"Camryn coos, pattering over to Harry who's a few feet away from her and putting her hand on top of Bindi's trembling back. "What are we going to do with you, sweetheart? Huh? What should mumma and daddy do?"

Harry takes one hand off of Bindi's back and rubs it under Camryn's left eye that has an extreme bag under it. The most extreme he's ever seen in his 13 years of knowing her. It's puffy and a plum color with blotchy red spots. "Baby, you're so tired."

"So are you,"Camryn responds, bringing her gaze up to his green eyes and exchanging a look of sympathy.

"Yeah, but I don't have a vagina that's still sore,"Harry raises his eyebrow, smirking as the statement courses a little raspy chuckle from Camryn's throat.