~Thirty-Three~

We studied the coelacanths for the remainder of the trip, the tracking devices that Tony had made were a huge help combined with my ability to precisely put them on.

We no longer had to aimlessly wander and hunt for them.

Doctor Attenborough was preparing to publish a few papers and had sent the footage I'd collected to be reviewed for documentaries and to be reviewed by other biologists.

I was very proud of myself. The others were too if the massive welcome home party I'd walked into was anything to go by.

There was confetti everywhere when I walked in. The loud noise scared me, but I quickly eased a bit when I saw it was everyone.

Tony, Steve, Thor, Loki, Wanda, Pietro, Natasha, Clint, Vision... There was also a one eyed dog sitting, leaning against Clint's leg with its tail thumping on the floor.

I hadn't realized it until then, but I'd missed them all.

Pietro was suddenly in front of me, he hugged me. "We all missed you!" He said, giving me a squeeze.

The others followed suit. "I missed you all as well," I said, there was a bubble in my chest as they all surrounded me.

"This is Lucky," Clint introduced as everyone stepped back.

I stared at the dog, I'd never actually seen one before...

"Here," Clint said as he took my hand and kneeled down, I did the same.

He held out my hand to Lucky, which he sniffed, tail wagging violently the entire time.

"He likes you," Steve said with a smile.

I pet the dog, he was soft, but not as soft as Sun. I missed Sun. I wondered how much she'd grown since I'd been gone...

Tony's phone went off, he pulled it out of his pocket looking exasperated, he rolled his eyes as he answered it.

"I just got her back from you David, what do you want?... Ugh, you and your science are so needy... fine I'll ask her," Tony looked at me, the phone was against his neck.

"Doctor Attenborough wants to know if you want to go on another trip to study the coelacanths in a couple months,".

I felt a smile form, I had a feeling this would be the start of many great discoveries yet to come. Boy was I right...