19. Nothing Is Impossible (Sai)

I start to giggle, gazing at Dey's face, convinced he is joking, but he's serious. His golden brown eyes are pinned in mine with determination. My laughter fades and I gulp heavily, taking a step back.

   "You can't touch me," I whisper. 

   He doesn't hear me because of the roar of the falling water, but I'm sure he understands what I'm saying. He smiles softly an steps closer. I instantly recede and this time shout, "You can't touch me!"

   Dey only shakes his head and closes the distance, "No one can tell me what to do to someone who is mine."

   "No! I'm not letting you risk your life again!" I scream. "You're mine too. I have the right to tell you what you can't do. I'll keep you safe as long as I can."

   "What if I promise you that I can make you feel me without any danger?" Dey insists. "What if I ask you to trust me about this? Would you trust me completely, my moon ray?"

   "I trust you, but this is impossible," I retort.

   "Nothing is impossible," Dey laughs out. "You should know it better than me."

   He grabs the hem of his wet shirt and peels it from his body with one swift movement. The water droplets are trickling down his smooth, tanned skin. I suddenly start to shake. The water is cold but I feel as if it's boiling. I stare at his chiseled chest, unable to move.

   "Sai," his voice brings me out of my daze. He starts untying the laces of his trousers. My eyes widen when he slowly slides them down his legs. My face is burning. I'm desperately trying to keep my eyes above his waist, but I just can't control it. The water is crystal clear. Nothing is hidden. Dey urges me again. "Come on! Don't be afraid. Take your clothes off."

   He is crazy and reckless, but I am not able to resist. I am struggling hesitantly to unbutton my red tunic. It takes too long. The silk finally slides down my arms and floats on the water surface around me like a pool of blood, before slowly sinking to the bottom. I start fiddling with the metal hooks of my pants. My hands are trembling and I can't unhook them.

   Dey moves even closer. "Sai, Look at me!" I raise my eyes. He is smiling encouragingly. "Don't be afraid!" I nod and finally manage to get rid of the pants.

   We are standing completely naked, gazing at each other. I can barely breathe. Dey is perfect. He is lean, but every muscle is defined, radiating strength and resilience. His sun kissed skin looks like velvet, luring me to touch it. I crave to trace the numerous scars with the tips of my fingers. I want to press my lips to each one of them and beg him again and again to forgive me for being born with this heavy burden upon my shoulders, for being too hesitant to disobey the rules and go to the dessert earlier. I need to explain to him how I prayed that his warriors would find me and bring me to him, but also hoped it would never happen. I saved him from the dessert and doomed him to a worse destiny. Who shall I save, him or the world, my love or millions of people. It should be his choice, but I already know what he will choose without hesitation. 

   "Dey," I utter. "Can you stop loving me? Would you marry one of my sisters if I asked you?"

   "No," he immediately answers, shaking his head "Never! I told you that you belonged to me. I've chosen you. Didn't you do the same?"

   "I did," I confirm. "But what if I tell you that it will cost your life?"

   "Oh, my silly moon ray," he chuckles. "And what would have happened if I had chosen otherwise?"

   "Then the world will probably burst in flames and it will be the end of us all," I answer.

   Dey starts laughing louder, "Then you can't save me either way, can you? Stop looking at me as if you've already murdered me. It's not your fault and you know it. You're speaking about the prophecy, aren't you? I don't believe it. Prophecies can be interpreted in many ways. I also don't care. The war taught me one thing. It's not important how long you live. It's important how you spend each moment. If tomorrow never comes, you have to make sure that today was worth it. I promised you that I would listen to my heart and that's what I intend to do. Now I need you to make a promise too."

   "Anything!" I nod. "I'll do anything you want."

   "Stop feeling guilty for loving me," he firmly says. "Forget about what's coming and be here with me now! Give yourself to me as if there's no tomorrow! Be my beautiful moon!"

   "I will," I finally let a hesitant smile bloom on my lips. "I promise! Dey, you call me the moon, but for me you're the sun, harsh and gentle at the same time, you can burn but also make everything burst to life. I'll be yours forever. Do you hear me? Forever!"

   "I know!" he grins. "I'm irresistible. Sit down now!"

   I descend in the water and sit cross legged on the bottom, leaning backwards on my hands. Dey sits in front of me. The water reaches our chins. 

   "Now close your eyes and feel me," he breathes in my ear. 

   I obey and gasp the next second. He's moving his palms across my belly and up my chest, so close to my skin that the water layer between us follows his movement, transmitting it to my skin. It feels like touch. I feel his fingers caressing my skin. His lips move the same way above my shoulder and I can feel them too. The warmth makes my heart race. The small bubbles from his breath are tickling me. It's almost a kiss, almost an embrace.

   "You are the most beautiful human being to ever exist," he whispers in my ear and I sense the words, rather than hearing them. He dives. His mouth follows the same path as his hands. His palms are above my thighs now, slowly gliding the water on them. They are moving to my back. His fingers are tracing my spine, my shoulder blades and my nape. I moan. I feel him and it is more and more difficult to stay still. I fear that my self-control is fading away and I am about to do the unthinkable. He pulls away just a moment before I lose it. His wide smile makes me take a sharp breath. My cheeks are burning in red. I am desperately trying to stop panting.

   "You see?" Dey grins wider. "Nothing is impossible." 

   He jumps and runs to the cliffs, splashing water everywhere. I follow him. 

   "I've always dreamed to stand under a waterfall," he yells. "Let's do it!"

   The wild streams of water are hitting us hard, washing away everything else but the bliss of being here together, in this moment which is more precious than the whole eternity.

___________________________________

Photo 85472699 © Nullplus | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 19!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Did you like the 'almost' touch? 😀

Soon we'll be at The Capital but not before another breathtaking adventure. 😉

Last chance to make some guesses what could the prophecy say?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny