[Volume 1] Chapter 16

The streets of Vale being decorated in time for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display, and Team RWBY along with Y/N are strolling through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front. A sign is being put up by the elderly that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..."

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Y/N looked up from his book which Blake gave him and commented.

Y/N: You get used to it....Eventually. 

Weiss: Quiet, you!

As they stop near the docks and the sounds of foghorns are heard

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Y/N Patted her head and bent down to her height.

Y/N: Well Ruby that's because it is all fish. 

Ruby Pouted which caused Y/N to chuckle.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

Y/N: Weiss....there's not point in lying.

Weiss looked shocked and appalled but was cut from making any remarks as Ruby spotted something.  

Ruby: Whoa.  

The team looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad)

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle. 

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

Ruby: Huh?

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: You thinking the White Fang?

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths.

She's Crossing her arms, getting serious.