Chapter 9: C-rank mission

"Sakura at point B..."

"Sasuke at point D...."

"....Naruto at point A believe it!"

"Naruto you're too slow!" Kakashi scolded. "Nerida?"

"I got the cat." She bluntly said.

"What?"

Nerida's team came out of the bushes and saw her petting the cat, and she was purring loudly.

'This is kinda odd considering most cats hate me...' Nerida thought.

"When did this happen?" Kakashi asked.

"Cat nip." Nerida showed some cat nip from her hand while petting the cat. While naruto tried to hold the cat, but he hissed and scratched thr blond's face.

Nerida quickly took the cat back and started to calm it down. The cat flinched from the coldness from her body temperature but purred as it felt good.

"Alright! Mission: capture Tora, complete!" Kakashi said.

Nerida played with the cat until....

"CAN'T WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS I HATE CATS!!!" The knuckle head ninja's voice boomed through the device.

Nerida froze the cat and droped Tora in pain with her ears bleeding and Kakashi dropped to the ground while the others winced.

"Sorry...."

Hokage's office

"Oh tora!!!! Mommy missed you!!! Don't scare me like that ever again!!!!" Holy moly the cat looked like that she was going to die from suffocation. It had tears in her eyes.

Nerida unfroze the cat and then it ran to sasuke's arms then hissed at her feing betrayed by the dual haired nymph.

Then Nerida punched Naruto on his stomach and strictly told him to never do that again.

Minato winced "Poor cat..."

Nerida decided to step in "Excuse me ma'am, you are hurting the cat. You have to be more gentle with him, otherwise he could get injured, here hold him like this." She forcefully loosened her arms a bit and positioned them, suddenly the cat started purring loudly.

But then it started to hiss at Nerida who just glared back at the cat.

'I take that back, all cats hate me.' Nerida started at the cat with distasteful eyes.

"Oh my, he never purred like that to me before. Thank you sweetie!" Then she left.

Nerida went back to your spot and kakashi patted your head and gave her a smile. Nerida swore that she felt a glare from iruka-sensei. Oh well.

"Now for team 7's next missions you will be babysitting the counselor's 3-year-old, go shopping, digging potatoes-"

"No!!!! I want a real mission, something hard, not this babysitting crap!!!" Naruto shouted.

Minato facepalmed in embarrassment "My son has no respect."

"Naruto! All of you are new genins with no experience! These D-rank missions are for you to develop your skills!" Iruka shouted.

   Well.... Not all true, Nerida have secretly going a bit of higher rank missions, after Nerida and her team do the boring chores for the villagers. Lord 3rd was testing her strength due to the incident with the titan, she got some scratches here and there, one time she broke her back, but she was able to heal herself.

"Fine then, Since naruto wants to prove that he isn't a child anymore, i will give you a c-rank mission except y-" But before he could finish naruto started to cheer like the innocent little sunshine he is.

"Alright, who will be escorting?! A princess?! A councilor?!" Naruto was too exited to shut up.

"Actua-" Before the old man could finish what he had to say the door opened. Revealing a drunk old man, Tazuna.

Nerida cringed with the smell of alcohol. Yeah sure Nerida likes drinking with her friends and by herself but a smelly drunk old man!? Nu-uh no ma'am!

"What? You expect me to trust these brats to escort me home, especially the short kid with the stupid look on his face, and the girl with white and blue hair supposed to be a ninja, to cute for that?" The old man said, while taking a sip of sake.

'This old motherfucker-' Nerida's eye was twitching with anger and clenched her fist.

Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, Iruka, and the ghost kages glared at him. He shouldn't be so quick to judge!

"Hah! Who is the one who has a stupid face!" Naruto yelled. You all lined up and Nerida was the tallest, then Sasuke, Sakura.... and lastly Naruto.

He was about to punch Tazuna, but Nerida held back by holding on the back of his shirt.

"Naruto, as much as I want you punch him, unfortunately we can't hurt the client. So calm down" She scolded.

Then Tazuna took an another sip of his drink. "My name is Tazuna, the master bridge builder. I expect all of you to guard me with your lives!" The drunk man yelled.

Kakashi nodded "Alright everyone, go and pack your thin-" "Actually, Nerida will not be attending this mission." The hokage said.

Team 7's mouths were open except for Nerida.

"Hey! Old man h-" But before naruto could finish, kakashi covered his mouth with his hand and glared at him.

"Lord hokage, this is a c-rank mission, i am sure that i could keep an eye on her and the other genins." kakashi stated.

The hokage sighed and answered "I am not saying that you can't protect them." Then he turned to nerida who was reading her book that she summoned out of nowhere and announced "I have a different mission for her."

The hokage gave her a small sheet of paper to her and what it said was an B-rank mission.

"Huh?!" Everyone, and i mean both tazuna and iruka were shocked.

But the ghosts were unfazed because they stick with she everywhere you go.

"Lord hokage!!" Iruka and kakashi shouted in sync. What was the old man thinking?! Then nerida said "Okay i will take the mission or whatever i have to do."

Her teammates, tazuna, and iruka turned to the fairy and looked at her like she were crazy as hell.

"Nerida, are you crazy?! You are just a genin you cannot do missions on your own!" Iruka shouted, he was worried for her safety. Even though she is not his student anymore. Sending a fresh genin out of the academy to do an A-rank mission is absolutely absurd!

Nerida sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose "I'm going to do the mission. End of story, Period."

"What?!" Naruto yelled. He envied her since his crush gets real missions instead of doing babysitting shit.

"Nerida will be going on the mission but not alone, Daphne will take part with this mission too." Hiruzen said.

Nerida nodded, it's been years since they had a mission together.

Then the door opened again. And tada princess blonde is here.

Daphne looked around and saw Nerida and smiled.

"Hey, N." Daphne greeted.

"Yo, Daph, still researching about it?"

"Yeah, but things aren't going as planned, we can talk later right now we have a mission to complete."

'But I'm glad that we made some progress of regaining our powers though.'

'You said it sister, I'm relived that were able to transform into our fairy forms, even though it's just up till Charmix.'

Both princesses thought that it would be normal mission... oh boy how they were wrong.