Chapter 22

Alexanders POV:

What the fuck just happened to her? She thought I was going to hit her. I shook my head and called dad. He picked up after three rings and greeted, "Ciao."

Conversation between Alexander and his dad Nicholas

Alexander: Are the Russians taken care of?

Nicholas: Si. But you have to stay there tonight. We can't take the risk.

Alexander: What should I say to her? She was fucking terrified in the car.

Nicholas: I think you should tell her the truth.

Alexander: Are you sure?

Nicholas: Yes. She seems like a nice girl. I think we can trust her and I want to talk to you about her once you come back home.

Alexander: Okay dad.

I noticed that Isabella was still in the bathroom. I went and knocked at the door. I asked her, "Are you ok in there bella?" "Y-yeah just give me a minute. I'll be out," she replied shakily. After a minute, she came out of the bathroom. Her eyes were red and puffy. I asked her, "Are you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine. Just shocked," She replied. I nodded and sat her down on sofa.

She was confused by my actions. I asked her, "Do you know about mafia italiana?" at which she nodded and replied, "So you work with them?" I chuckled at her response and said, "No baby we are the Mafia and I am the leader. And the cars which were following us were of Russians. They want me dead."

Her eyes widened at my statement but she didn't flinch away like I thought. "You are not scared?" I asked. "Terrified even but I dont think you will hurt me," she replied softly. I was shocked by her answer. "What makes you think I won't hurt you?" I asked looking into her eyes.
She confidently replied, "If you wanted to hurt me you would have done it earlier but you did not in fact you saved me," she replied. "Fair enough" I said and went into the bathroom.

I came out of the bathroom after doing my business and saw Isabella was in the kitchen. "What are you doing?" I asked as I approached her. She jumped at my voice and looked at me as she blew a breath.
I think I just startled her. "Oh I was just heating the lunch. It's almost noon. I thought you might be hungry," she said. I nodded at her reply and sat on one of the stools. I watched her as she maneuvered in the kitchen.
It was like she has been doing it for a long time. It just felt right. She set up the table and we ate in silence, but it was a comfortable silence.

After few minutes I spoke, "I am sorry for dragging you in this mess." She just replied me with a shrug and said "It's fine." "Aren't you upset or angry with Kate?" I asked. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.
It was adorable by the way. Really adorable Alex. What has gotten into you? My subconscious mocked. And asked me, "Why would I be upset with her?" I replied her, "Because she hid the fact that she isn't just daughter of a normal businessman but a mafia princess and that indirectly put you in danger as you seem really close with her." She nodded as she understood my question and said, "I am not mad at her. It was her secret to keep. I'm no one to pry. And I can't get mad at her even if I want to. She helped me a lot in college. I owe her my life." I nodded at her reply and remembered my conversation with Kate from last night. But as Isabella told I'm not anyone to pry in her life. If she wants to tell me anything she'd tell me in her own time.

I was lost in my own thoughts that I didnt notice that Isabella took our dishes and started to clean them. I went towards her and said, "I'm washing the dishes. You go and sit." "It's fine I'll wash the dishes," she replied. I again said, "No. I'm washing them." "Alright fine. I'll wash them and you dry them," she said pointing towards the dryer.
I groaned, "You are one stubborn woman." "I am told so," she said with a smile. We washed and cleaned the dishes. While we were doing that, we talked about anything and everything. It was nice. After cleaning we decided to take a walk near the lake.

Please Vote and Comment!!

Enjoy!