Chapter twenty-nine - Nerves

It had been two weeks since the late King and his adviser went missing. And George had knights looking for him all over the kingdom. It turned out that George's father stole all the crown jewels and runoff. George personally didn't care, he was just happy to finally be rid of his father. But the new Royal adviser, Philza, (whom Dream picked out for George) said that the people would be devastated to find out about all the lost history that the jewels represented. So George decided to find his father for the people.

He wasn't sure what he would do once he found his father though... Did he put him in prison? Could he do that to his own father? Did he banish him from the land? or just tell him to go and never show his face again? George didn't know, maybe he should ask Dream. But Dream would probably tell him to behead him. So maybe he should ask Philza.

Speaking of Dream, George had been so busy the past two weeks with learning how to be a King and looking for his father he had barely any time to talk to him. And even when it was bedtime George was always too exhausted to talk or to do anything else, so he would go to sleep right away. But George had a plan.

Whenever he had a moment to spare he would plan out how he would propose. Properly this time, the way Dream wanted it. He had ordered three thousand red roses, (Dream's favourite flower) and had the whole garden and gazebo decorated with twinkling lights. Asked the royal chef to prepare a grand five-star meal for the two of them. It was going to be perfect. He even got a custom ring made. It was pure gold with the letter G engraved in it. George's was the same but with the letter D.

The day was finally here and George was a nervous wreck! He knew Dream was going to say yes, so why was he so worried? what did he have to worry about? He should be happy. But he couldn't shake the feeling. He couldn't even eat breakfast or lunch. His nerves were getting the best of him. Philza tried to calm George down, but everything he said only made George feel worse. Needless to say, George got no work done today.

The clock read seven pm. George was finally done work. He took a deep breath and made his way to the library. Dream had been spending most of his time there since he was no longer George's personal knight. Being King might having more trained guards. George's new personal knight was named Technoblade, who was surprisingly Philza's son. Techno didn't talk much but when he did it was always some kind of sarcastic comment. George liked him.

George pushed open the doors of the library to see Dream curled up on the sofa in a green and white blanket, right beside the brick fireplace. He had a pile of books beside him. George smiled at how cute he looked. He slowly made his way over.

----------------------------------------------

It had two weeks since Dream and George had had a real talk. And Dream was getting worried. The last time he and George had talked longer than two minutes was the night after the wedding. Dream understood why George was so busy, The late king was missing and George had all the responsibility of a King to take care of.

But Dream could swear George was actively avoiding him. Whenever George had a little bit of free time Dream would suggest that they hang out or cuddle. But George would always make up some kind of excuse as to why he had to go somewhere else and Dream was never allowed to follow. He'd asked George multiple times if he had done anything wrong. But George would simply brush him off and tell him not to worry about it.

Draem did the exact opposite. George had to be upset about something, but what? If George wasn't going to tell Dream then he would have to become a detective. He thought back to the last real conversation they had together, George was laying on his shoulder cuddled up to Dream's side and Dream's heart was melting for the cute little British boy. Dream had praised him, telling him he did a good job. George had proposed to him. And Dream was an idiot and joked about there not being flowers and no ring. George started crying. Dream felt like the biggest jerk and apologized. They said they loved each other and went to sleep. Was George mad at him for the proposal thing? Did he hate Dream? Was he regretting asking Dream to marry him? Did he not love Dream anymore.

Dream had always known that George was way out of his league. He was extremely lucky to have the Prince in his life. (or should he say, King?) Dream didn't know what he'd do if George broke things off with him. He would be devastated. He would probably go and cry about it to his mom. George meant the world to Dream. No, George was the world to Dream.

Dream couldn't think about this any longer his brain was about to explode. He walked to the library and picked out two dozen books or so. This will keep my mind busy for a few hours. Dream thought to himself.

He picked up the first book, 'the maze runner' and started reading it. About half an hour later Dream felt the spot beside him move. He looked over to see a very nervous-looking George.

George was playing with his fingers, "Um, Hi Dream."

"Hi..." Dream said cautiously.

"We, umm, we need to talk. Do you mind coming with me?" George stood up.

Dream's mind started running a million miles per hour. He's going to break up with me! "SuRe." Dream's voice creaked.

"Let's talk in the garden." George led the way through the halls. They were just about to leave the castle interior when a knight came running up to them. "King! King!"

George turned around and gave him an annoyed look, "What?"

"They've found your father. They're waiting for you in the throne room." The guard stated.

George turned to Dream and gave him an apologetic smile. "I'll make it quick, can you wait in our bedroom for me?"

"Okay."

George walked off.

He's definitely going to break up with me...