| three ; meeting him

the shadow in the light

chapter three; meeting him

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"he who fears he will suffer already suffers because he fears."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"miss y/n, are you sure you don't want to head home and meet mister jin-woo tomorrow?" baek-hyun asked.

y/n shook her head as she sat on the hood of the car, "it's okay baek-hyun. i want to see mister jin-woo today!"

baek-hyun nodded and sat next to her, his legs hurting from standing for hours. yoon-ho turned around and asked chief ahn, "how long has it been?"

"about three hours...it's already been three days inside," he answered with a sigh. "i wonder how many are still alive..."

"you should throw away any hope of a normal environment past the gate. skin burning under the harsh sunlight, being pestered endlessly by poisoning bugs or skin rotting due to the severe cold...as such, the weak will die first," yoon-ho said.

"oh god..." gee-chul muttered.

"even if they adapt to the environment, they must secure food next. they could attempt to feed off of the monsters' corpses, but the gate is too high-levelled for low-tier hunters. c-rank or lower hunters must all be dead by now."

"then sung jin-woo must also be dead," hwang dong-su commented, yawning as he did so. "did i just end up wasting my time in vain? no, wait. you're saying that sung jin-woo isn't part of the white tiger guild? then how did he end up in there?"

"he's my old acquaintance." answered chief ahn. "he asked if he could take part in a c-rank raid and i reluctantly introduced him here."

y/n observed chief ahn, thinking to herself. to think that chief ahn would cover mister jin-woo. will exposing mister jin-woo be problematic?

"then there's nothing else i can do..." hwang dong-su muttered, his leg turning as he was about to leave.

"...is what you thought i'd say." hwang dong-su quickly turned around, grabbing chief ahn by his neck and lifted him off the ground. "for a long time, i've been talented in finding interesting situations...and i can feel something fishy here. tell me the truth here. what are you hiding?"

chief ahn's eyes widened as he grabbed hwang dong-su's arm. he was struggling, feeling himself go weak from the lack of air. yoon-ho quickly grabbed hold of hwang ding-su's arm, his hair white and his eyes wide in fury.

"hwang dong-su. take your hand off my employee," yoon-ho ordered.

"are you ordering me? someone who's playing the leader in a backyard?" hwang dong-su asked.

chief ahn dropped to the floor as he looked up at the two s-rank hunters in hunter. if this continues...s-ranks will end up facing each other!

white swirls that resembled clouds surrounded the two male s-rank hunters. it was clear that it was due to the immense power of the two s-rank hunters.

yoon-ho's hands began to form into claws as he spoke, "you wanna go?"

"anytime!" hwang dong-su shouted.

everyone else began to back away from them as they were too terrified. with both of their eyes wide, they lifted their arm and attacked each other.