12: No Parents

"I'm just.. I wish I could see you more." I said to Josh over the phone when I got to bed that night. "I know." He said regretfully. "But you know that I only came here for business." I do know that. "It just feels like you're still far away. What's the point in being here?""Yeah. I get it, Grace. How bout this. We go out to dinner tomorrow night." Now that's what I'm talking about. "Just the two of us. No surprises. No parents." The smile on my face faltered in an instant. Tomorrow evening is my dinner non-date with Elena. "Here are the papers you asked for." I heard someone said at the end of his line. He's still working? I glanced up at the wall clock to see that it's 11:30 p.m. "Ah shit." He curses. "What is it?" I asked. "I've got a thing tomorrow Grace. I'm so sorry."

"Oh, you're gonna be busy? I thought there was bad news or something."

"You're not mad that I'm postponing our dinner?" He asked. I realized that I was the one who wanted to spend more time with him. "No. Uhm, of course, I am. But you have work. I understand that. We can meet another time."

"You're the best. I'll make it up to you, I promise." He said.When the phone call ended I lay on my bed lost in my own thoughts. "Why didn't I tell Josh that I'm meeting with his mother?" His mother with olive-toned skin and legs that goes on for days. Why is she working in a college facility? She should be a supermodel or something. One of those Victoria's Secret ladies. I cringed at myself for thinking that way about Elena when clearly she's so much more. She's independent. And that alone makes her sexy. She's strong. Sophisticated and smart. I'd love to get to know more of her and not just what lies underneath her clothes. Oh to see her naked again. I let my mind wander and my fingers graze the tops of my breasts. Feeling her hot wet kisses on my neck while she holds me tight on my waist. "Elena.." I opened my eyes when I hear my alarm clock ringing. Shit. Did I just have sex with Elena in my dreams? This cannot be happening. I need a cold shower. And I need it now.