28| Periods, Pains, and Ice-creams

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

PERIODS. I just got my fucking periods.

But I haven't had them in like 3 years.

The first time when I started my periods, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I never had anyone to tell me or explain it to me.

No family, no friends, nobody.

I'd overheard a few girls in the school's bathroom, complaining about how painful their periods were or how embarrassed they were when their boyfriends found out about them having periods.

I was at home when I got my first period. I went to mom confused and crying, but she was too damn high to care.

In fact she screamed at me, called me disgusting and threw me out of the house, telling me how I shouldn't go around telling people that.

So, it was my punishment to be thrown out of the house.

I sat outside all night, unsure of what to do.

The next day, I quickly got ready, while putting a cloth in my underwear and went to school.

I went straight to the nurse's office after arriving at school and informed her that I had my first period in school.

She explained everything to me before handing me sanitary pads and instructing me on how to use and dispose of them after changing every 3-4 hours.

I was 12 when I got my first period, and I was glad that I was earning money or I wouldn't have been able to get any supplies. I had my periods for a few more months, but after a worst beating I never got them again.

I was aware that something was wrong with my body but I couldn't afford to tell anyone. I wasn't supposed to talk to anyone about periods, because my mother told me it was repulsive and shameful thing to do.

So, now that I've gotten them again, I am more confused than scared.

It's as if I'm having my first period all over again. I thought I'd never be able to get them again.

Now I'm scared.

What is happening in my body?

Is there something wrong with me?

Well yes..

but is it in terms of getting on and off periods

Should I google it?