Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Dream Man and the special guest

       His name is Frederickson. It may, or may not be his first name or last name. Someone can call him Frederick or Fred. But please, don't call him 'son'. It would be a strange nickname and he doesn't want someone calling him that except his parents. Who may or may not, be still alive.

Frederickson is a normal man. A normal person who was part of a nonnormal secret organization who was responsible for several things in this world. The SCP Foundation. Which the SCP stands for Secure, Contain and Protect.

In that organization, Frederickson is an agent of the foundation. Agents are the people of the foundation who project the influences of the SCP Foundation beyond their sites, areas, or bases whatever you wanted to call it. They go around the world and operate, looking for clues, infiltrating several groups of interests that were currently on the foundation's list, and if some people are lucky, they could return to the bases bringing artifacts.

If someone would compare it to something, Frederickson would suggest that they are somewhat similar to James Bond or the Men in Black. Hopefully, no one would learn his thoughts or someone from the higher-ups who do care may reprimand him for his thoughts.

Agent Frederickson isn't just a usual agent of the foundation. He was part of the agent's division of the mobile task forces. What specific task force it is, he doesn't want to tell. The ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ would end up redacted after all.

Recently, he and the specific mobile task force that he was in has encountered some issues, but they were fine in the end except for some agents who suffered injuries. Frederickson has requested to return to his 'home' for the meanwhile. He was approved by the task force leader. And he was happy about that.

For the first few days, he was resting peacefully on his abode. He found it peaceful, calming, and boring at the same time.

Sighing as he watched some show on the television, Agent Frederickson fall asleep while wishing that this kind of thing would continue.

--------------------

The agent didn't expect to wake up in his dream. And therein his dream was a bench and a man wearing a suit that was a fashion suitable in the cold era. Other than that, he has also a hat on his head.

If Agent Frederickson doesn't know what he is he would probably through of him as a normal gentleman who was appreciating and watching the view of the scenery. But he knows what is that gentleman. It was the rumored dream man who has frequently appeared on the dreams of several foundation personnel. Mostly, foundation agents, like him.

It was said that the dream man could tell the future. Foundation personnel who encountered the dream man are encouraged to talk to him. But Frederickson knows that according to the rumors, his visions of the future could drive a person to insanity or death.

Frederickson needs to be careful. But if the dream man is here, then it must be something important.

Agent Frederickson started walking. After a while, he sat beside the dream man on the bench. He stared at the dream man for a moment to try to memorize his face. But find out, that he couldn't perfectly embed it into his memory.

Sighing, he finally decided to ask. And hopefully, he would be able to get out of his dream alive and be not driven to death.

" So Mister Dream Man, what message do you bring to the foundation? And what name would like me to call you? "

" Tony or Richardson. "

Frederickson frowned.

" But I also prefer to be called Asner. "

Frederickson was filled with a strange premonition as he heard that name. The way that the Dream Man has said it was as if he was hiding some kind of secret. Is it just him or there was something like amusement in his tone?

Eventually, Frederickson decided to comply with calling the dream man by that name.

" If you say so, Mister Asner. Sir, If I may, can I ask if you have something important that you wanted to say? "

Hopefully, being respectable would help him to be able (no pun intended) to leave in his dream without dying or suffering in some kind of insanity.

As he waited for the answer, it wasn't what Fredrickson expected.

" Agent, the questions you have in your mind would be answered later. For now, we wait for our special guest. "

Special Guest? It was the first time that Frederickson heard this information. No special guest has been mentioned in any of the rumors regarding the dream man previously. Frederickson was suddenly filled with uncertainty of being able to get out of this dream alive.

What is this special guest?

Frederickson waited with the dream man on the bench. He didn't know how much of a time or a moment passed when the special guest has appeared out of nowhere.

Fredrickson stared at the man and he instantly thought that it wasn't a human at all. Appearing to be a man with indescribable inhuman beauty. Long messy white hair and dressed in a strange garb of clothes. He was covered in white robes. The man has purple light eyes. One noticeable thing about this man was that he was holding a strange stick in his hand.

There is no way that what appeared before them is a human.

The scenery of the city suddenly changed into something. It was replaced by a very wide field of flowers. In the distance is a lone strange floating pillar.

The strange guest stared at the strange scenery appearing to be surprised. But before he could do something, the dream man has said something that Frederickson needed to take note of.

" We have been waiting for you SCP 7007. "

The dream man says. And the special guest that was called SCP 7007 has frozen on his spot. Frederickson has discerned that the special guest is surprised and probably shocked that the dream man knows his identity.

Looking between the two SCPs, Frederickson guessed that it was the first time that the two meet each other. But the dream man was aware of the special guest's identity.

The expression of shock disappeared on SCP 7007. It was replaced by annoyance? And Fredrickson saw him grumble about something but he didn't hear it. After grumbling, he appear to become more annoyed before saying.

" Please ignore me, I am just here to do be some sort of background. Don't mind me and continue with your business. Mister Dream Man and whoever you are SCP foundation per— "

SCP 7007 realize what he said as he froze and bit his lips. After a while, SCP 7007 decided to walk a little and sat on the ground.

Frederickson thought that this is one of a hell of a strange dream.

" The future is bleak and restructured... "

That was when the dream man started speaking about the future.