NINE

[EDITED]

Megumi's PoV

I'm outside still waiting for Y/n and Itadori to return. Y/n hasn't rested since that so I'm worried about her. !!! Something changed in the building. The Innate Domain's close off! The special-grade is dead! Now we just need Y/n and Itadori to return safely.. I can feel the aura of horror pass me. "Sorry, but he's not coming back" Sukuna? Y/n? I saw Sukuna carrying Y/n in bridal style. She is unconscious. What has he done to Y/n? "Don't be so frightened. I'm in a great mood right now. Let's chat for a bit. And I brought your friend here"

He put Y/n on the tree. "What have you done to her?" "Me? I did nothing to her but she herself is like this and she is weak" she is not weak.. "This is what gets for trying to use me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back. Still, though.. It's only a matter of time "Sukuna tore Itadori's clothes. "So.. I thought about what I can do right now" He stabbed his chest with his hand and removed Itadori's heart, making my eyes widen.

"Wh-what are you .."

"I'm taking this brat hostage"

"Hostage?!"

"Yeah. I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat" he sheets his heart next to Y/n. "Switching out with me means he dies. Also.. For good measures" He swallowed the object. Sukuna's finger! That special-grade cursed spirit in there must have consumed it! "With that, I'm free as a bird. You can be frightened now. I'll kill you!"

"For no particular reason. Our positions are reversed now" I was ready to fight Sukuna. "You just don't get it. He's.. Itadori is coming back. Even if that means he'll die. That just who he is"

"You gave him too much credit. This guy's just a little tougher and denser than other humans. Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, and prattling on about his regret and all that nonsense. I know for a fact he doesn't have a guts to kill himself"

His arm is restored! Healing.. He can use Reverse Cursed Techniques. Sukuna's incarnated. Even is he can live without a heart, it should still be damaging to him. I'll make him heal his heart before Itadori returns. I just have to make him believe he can't beat me without a heart in his body! Can I do that when I couldn't even move with that special-grade in front of me? It's not about whether I can. I have to do it! I let go of my Nue and started attacking Sukuna.

"I'm finaly outside, after all. Let's use the open space" I attacked him but he dodged it easily. "Interesting. You use Shikigami, but you'll still come at me yourself?" I ignored him as I continued to attack him with my Shikigami. "More. More" he shook my hand. "More!" My eyes met his red eyes. "Put more curse behind it when you strike me!" He crushed me. Orochi! I let go of the orochi and it caught Sukuna with its mouth. "Gang up on him!" Sukuna was still able to dodge my attack even though he was captured by Orochi. He wiped it out. I gasped. Suddenly Sukuna was behind me, gripping my shirt

"Hey, what did I just say? Let's use the open space!" Sukuna pulls and throws me somewhere else. He came then kicked me towards the building like I was still in the air. (I really bad at fighting scene, hope you understand)

Shikigami caught me from the air. It's not even a matter of jujutsu. His power and his agility are on different scale. "Nice technique there" Sukuna hit us hard.

What do I do? Used up one of my shikigami to escape that Innate Domain. Demon Dog White and Orochi. Are both destroyed.. And Nue's at his limit, too. I should release him before he gets destroyed. I return my Nue back.

"I get it now. So your Shikigami are created from shadows." It make no difference if he knows that now. "So what?" He hummed like he was thinking of something. "I don't get it though. Why did you ran back then? What a waste talent. Whatever. Either way, that won’t be enough to fix this" He’s figured it out, huh? "You’re risking your life over stupid shit. This brat isn't even worth that much "

I stood up like a blue aura coming out of my body. Sukuna smirked. "Nice. That's it. So this is when you start burning through your life! Now I see. Well, in that case l.. Show me, Fushiguro Megumi!"

"Sacred treasure swing and ring, ring -Eighth Grip-!" The aura disappeared from my body. "Just so you know, I don't have any logical reason for saving you back then. Even if it was dangerous, I couldn't bear to see a good person like you die. I did have my reservations, but ultimately, it was for selfish, emotional reasons. That's fine, thought. I'm not a hero" the tattoo began to disappear slowly. "I'm a jujutsu sorcerer. So I've never once regretted saving you"

"I see. You're really smart, Fushiguro. You've put more thought into this than I have. I think your conviction's a proper one, but I don't think mine is wrong, either" Itadori's blood flowed from his chest. "Oh, sorry, I'm almost done for. Guess I won't have to worry about you, Y/n, Kugisaki, or Gojo-sensei. Live a long life. Take care of Y/n for me" he fell to the ground.

Normal PoV

You woke up after fainting. You open your eyes slowly, found already outside, leaning against a tree. I need to stop Suku-! You see a human heart next to you. You jerked like your whole body was shaking.

"Oh, you're re you awake, Y/n?" You heard Megumi's voice. He carried Yuuji from behind him. His eyes are swollen from... Crying? A punch? "What happened?" "Itadori said.. Live a long life and take care of you for him" What does he mean? Don't tell me. "Itadori's now gone and that's his heart" you gasped, tears filling your eyes. Megumi placed Yuuji on the ground as he approached you, wrapped his arm around you. You cried on his chest