Wattpad Original
There are 74 more free parts

control

noun ~ the power to influence or direct people's behaviour

NOVA

They requested me to not take part in sparring today with both Charlie and Sean since my breakdown. Not that I minded, since I hated fighting anyway. So, they forced me to go back inside to not "aggravate" my wolf further. Their words, not mine. It did not impress Celimene.

Staying inside didn't last for long, so I made my way over to the indoor fitness suite to do my own exercises. I was currently on the steps machine. My calves were burning, but I was determined to beat my personal best.

I could see the forest from where I was through the large tinted windows. I was so excited to go running later, but part of me was nervous I'd lose control. I wasn't sure what to do if I did, or if Cel would listen to Charlie if he commanded her.

Coming off the stairs machine, I made my way over to the weights and started doing a small routine with them to slow my heart rate a little. It was nearing lunchtime, so I'd do this, then cool down and go find some company. Being alone in my room made me realise how lonely I felt, and how empty the gap between Phoenix and me was making me feel. I didn't like it, so I worked my way through the emotions in the gym.

Half an hour later, I was done and practically melted in my shower. Training for everyone else had already finished and on my way back down from my room, I could hear many chatting in the kitchen. I couldn't make out Molly's voice and hesitated at the thought of going in there alone.

Cel bristled, reassuring me it was fine. No one glanced at me, but I tried to stay as small as I could as I helped myself to some chicken. I could hear familiar giggling and looked over my shoulder to see Jade and her two friends looking at me. I narrowed my eyes and Cel grumbled in my mind.

Just as I had hoped they would leave me alone, I turned around and nearly walked right into them.

"Why were you not at training newbie? I would've loved to beat you." Jade sneered.

"I-

"Oh, that's right, because you're so incompetent." Jade sniggered, and her friends laughed with her. "What? Ghoul got your tongue? Not brave without some kind of man defending your honour?"

I growled, fed up with being treated like a child. Cel was on edge all day from the tension in her blood, and I happily let her help me here. Coming together, we glared at Jade with a desire to fight back.

I raised my head, so I was looking right into her eyes. They twitched slightly at my retaliation, but she soon turned it into a smirk and just as her annoying ass mouth went to open, I shut it up.

"Don't even go there today because I am not in the mood to deal with petty, low bullshit coming from you." I snapped. "You need to back off and leave me alone before I make you regret it."

She dared to scoff. "You? Against me? Hilarious."

Cel growled. The force of her unused power made Jade flinch.

"You are not even worthy of my time when you are not even worthy of your status. Pack members do not harm another, and I have had enough of people treating me like crap." I glared.

Her smirk had dropped and the group of them stared at me with wide eyes. I could feel other eyes on my back, but I focused on the target.

"You have no backbone to be speaking how you are when even the higher-ranking wolves shoot you down. You need to back off and stop being jealous of what you are so desperately trying to control." I snapped. "Your entire personality is fake. Even Alpha would never want a wolf like you by his side. So leave me alone."