seventy eight

~*~*~

~*~*~

"take care."

~*~*~

regulus hadn't ever held a baby before, draco was so small and delicate. he had big blue eyes and a head of thin blonde hair, he was a marvellous little thing. draco regulus malfoy, his middle name was a shock to regulus, but as his godfather, he was happy that he was given such an honour. james sat next to regulus and peered down at the baby with the same adoration in his eyes. james had always wanted to have children, it was always in his plan, he wondered if regulus would want children.

"how sore was it?" asked sirius towards narcissa, "was it more sore than getting kicked in the balls?"

"what don't you come over here and we'll check and compare?" asked narcissa to which he shook his head and crossed his legs.

"do you want to hold the baby?" asked andromeda towards nymphadora who was sat next to regulus, she nodded and he gently handed draco over to her.

james reached for regulus' hand as they sat there while everyone was doting on the baby. regulus thought the baby was a lovely little thing, but he was far from broody, perhaps it was his age, he was twenty in a couple of weeks. however, he didn't see himself wanting children, he didn't like the idea of being tied down by that kind of commitment. the door went, which was rather strange because everyone regulus knew was here but he got up from the sofa and answered it.

"mr regulus black, how glad and honoured i am to make your acquaintance," said cornelius fudge, the minister for magic, "i'm here to congratulate you and thank you for all of your help in the war."

"help?" questioned regulus as he leaned against the doorframe, "i didn't help anyone. i was the only one doing anything. i helped and saved you, not the other way around."

"why, yes, of course, mr black," said cornelius, he seemed almost frightened to make regulus angry or annoyed in anyway. he was going to be a yes man towards regulus, he could tell, "i'm here because i wanted to deliver this to you personally."

"thank you," said regulus as he took the letter from the minister, he wasn't fazed by his presence as regulus didn't put people on a pedestal, even if you were meant to, like many people done with dumbledore, for example, "would you like to come in?"

"if you insist," said cornelius cheerfully, regulus could tell by the way the minister was looking over his shoulder that he wanted to come in and see regulus open the letter and he figured he'd comply.

regulus told him to follow him through to the kitchen, he poked his head into the lounge and told everyone the minister was here nonchalantly but the group told him to just sit in there with them. he rolled his eyes but told cornelius to just come into the lounge. he took his hat off and addressed himself to the room, not that he needed an introduction.