Chapter 94

"Why is this room a mess?"

Bea scanned the state of the room with her hands on her hips. She looked at the person sprawled on the floor in disbelief.

"Didn't I tell you to clean up?"

There were clothes scattered on the floor, on top of the wardrobe and hanging on the sides of the bed. A dagger with an eagle emblem was jabbed on the side table with its cover belt hanging from the open drawers.

Contrary to Ann's constant pleading to adopt Bea and Eugene as her children. It was Bea who had adopted Ann into their small family. Ever since Ann moved in two years ago, she had been busy taking care of her needs.

If Bea was the strict and doting mother of the family, then Ann and Eugene were the constantly squabbling siblings. Everyday was eventful in the house thanks to Ann teasing and picking fights with Eugene every chance she gets.

Bea began gathering the clothes on the floor with a sigh.

No matter how many times Bea had told Ann to clean her room the answer she received was always the same.

"Why bother?"

Ann answered without lifting her head. She pulled down the pillow from the bed and pressed it on top of her face. She wanted to sleep for a little longer, but was feeling reluctant because of the dream she just had.

"This way I can find everything without searching"

"You... I can't reason with you"

Bea shook her head feeling pity for Ann's future.

"Get up!"

Bea put down the pile of clothes on top of the bed and threw a towel at Ann's face.

"It's already late. Freshen up and come down. Breakfast is ready"

"Hmm"

After Bea left the room, Ann stayed in the same position for a few minutes before getting up. She sat on the floor blankly staring at the floor and stretched her limbs.

"Arghhh!"

Suddenly she felt a surge of pain inside her head and the events of the previous night started playing like a movie reel. She remembered the fight, the bet, the drinking and even the singing. But everything after that point was broken in her mind.

And at the present, Ann was having the worst case of hangover. Her head throbbed as if a live rock band was having a concert inside her brain.

"I'm never drinking again"

Was the statement Ann declared every time she had a hangover. But still ends up getting drunk to the point she does not remember anything the very next day, like a never-ending cycle.

Ann dragged herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth and clean her face before going down for breakfast. She looked out the window and smiled when she saw children playing in the stream beyond the backyard.

The Leveret household Ann was living in was a simple two-story house located in the middle of Nero village, a place in the Northern borders of the Velven Empire mainly composed of Beastkin.

The Nero village was formed during the end of the Calvan war by the surviving members of the Velven Beastkin military unit and their families.

The people in the small residential settlement worked together without receiving any support from the Lords of the land and developed the once abandoned military outpost into a beautiful village. And now it has evolved into a healthy community with a diversity of Beastkin and humans.