59

"Come on..." Bucky murmured under his breath, tapping his foot as he stared at the bank, hoping for any sort of sign from Wanda or y/n. "They've been in there for too long, Steve. Something's gone wrong, it must have." He said nervously, gripping onto his gun tightly. Steve took a deep breath, resting his shield by his feet. He couldn't tell Bucky that everything was going to be fine, because there was a high chance it wasn't going to be fine. Y/n and Wanda had been in the bank for almost five hours now, with no communication with the outside. Natasha and Sam were already scoping out possible ways to get into the building, but everything seemed to be lined with explosives. "We just need to trust them. That's all we can do." Steve murmured, his eyes glued to the building. Bucky cursed under his breath, but Steve was right. There was no possible way of getting in without risking injuries to hostages. 

That was when a smoke signal was suddenly set off beside a side door. "Possible signal to the west of the building, make your way over now." Steve commanded over the earpieces, beginning to jog with Bucky toward the signal. Natasha and Bucky turned the corner at the same time, pointing their guns at the source of the smoke signal. But, a small smile quickly spread over their faces at the sight of y/n and Wanda. They were fine. "Are you going to hurry up, or are we going to be here all day?" Y/n asked, she had created the smoke signal with an orb of fire in her palm. Wanda was stood beside the side door, a look of focus on her face, unable to look at the rest of the group. She had created a forcefield around the bomb on the door, stopping it from exploding when it opened.

 Steve chuckled slightly at y/n's sarcasm, stepping into the building with the rest of the team. "Took you long enough." Sam teased, causing y/n and Wanda to give one another an annoyed look. "Oh sorry, I just wanted to be a hostage for a little longer. It was quite enjoyable, actually." Wanda said sarcastically, letting go of the bomb once the doors were shut again. Natasha laughed quietly, elbowing Sam's side before he could make another comment. "Well, what's the plan, boss?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Y/n raised her eyebrows with a hum. "Boss... I like that." She grinned, bending down to grab something out of a bag by her feet. "Put these on, and the masks. Then it'll be harder for them to tell us apart from their accomplices and the hostages. Well, except for the frisbee." Y/n hummed, tossing each of them identical jumpsuits and masks. Bucky chuckled as y/n called Steve's shield a frisbee, pulling on the jumpsuit over his mission suit.

Y/n explained the plan as everyone pulled on the jumpsuits and masks, checking her watch every now and again. You see, y/n was basically on a timer. The captors assumed that 'Alice' and Wanda were an item, so they allowed 'Alice' to have some privacy with her, as long as they didn't take too long. "So, who's up for a game of laser tag? Because that's what we're doing, just a bit more serious, of course." Y/n smiled, watching as Wanda ruffled up her hair to make their act a little more believable. "Nat and Sam, there are two generators in opposite sides of the basement. In exactly ten minutes, you're going to hit them. That will cause a power outage." Y/n ordered, tossing everyone in the team a watch. "From there we will be able to tell who's who when it comes to the hostages and captors. Their jumpsuits glow in the dark - don't ask me why, they're not very smart. But that gives us a great advantage to attack." Y/n smiled, continuing to check her watch. "Bucky and Steve, you'll be waiting by the doors of the second floor of the main hall. As soon as the lights go out, attack. Wanda and I will lead the hostages to a safe area, and then we'll join you in fighting, so will Sam and Nat." She ordered, beginning to lead the team down the empty hallways. "Let's go." She hummed. Steve followed y/n, a proud smile on his face as he glanced at the rest of the team. Y/n was in her element. 

Natasha and Sam were sent down a hallway heading toward the basement, whilst Steve and Bucky were sent up a set of stairs to get themselves ready by the doors. Y/n glanced over at Wanda with a nervous breath, shapeshifting back into 'Alice' before she pushed the doors to the main hall open.

'Alice' smiled as she entered the room, gently pushing Wanda forward to sit down with the rest of the hostages. "Go sit down, love." She cooed, strolling happily toward the rest of the captors. One of the male captors rolled his eyes with a slight smile as 'Alice' strolled toward them. "You're bad." He chuckled. "We said that we wouldn't have any personal relationships." He murmured, making sure to keep an eye on the hostages. 'Alice' shrugged with a proud grin, holding her gun tightly. "What, can't I have a bit of fun? We're going to be here for a while, might as well enjoy it." She hummed. "I don't blame you, I'd love a piece of that." Another one of the captors murmured, a sick smile on his face. Y/n had to stop herself from breaking character, hearing people talk about Wanda like that made her feel sick. That was her friend that they were hitting on. But, she had to play along. "Well you can't have her, she's mine." 'Alice' said confidently.

Wanda sat down with the rest of the hostages, forcing a shaky breath as she glanced around. "Are you alright?" A woman asked, a concerned look on her face. Wanda nodded slowly, putting on an act of fear. "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay." She whispered with a weak smile, trying to fix her ruffled up hair. 

As the minutes passed, y/n and Wanda were both staring at the large clock on the wall. Counting down the seconds. Adrenaline begun to fill the pair, and Wanda had to stop herself from smiling out of excitement as she watched the time tick down.

Almost exactly on cue, the whole building was plunged into darkness. Sounds of screams from the hostages mixing with yelling from the captors.

It was showtime.