~ Chapter - 9 ~

(About the picture- That's Ilaria and Kiara.)

- X A V I E R - 

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Elijah. Happy Birthday to you." My family and those new neighbors of mine sang happily while I just stood leaning over a wall quietly. Who does that? We aren't kids, are we? 

And Xander is also behaving differently now. He is acting all nice and sweet. Jerk. I think he likes that Carmella girl. I was getting so bored standing alone so I decided to join them at last. They were talking and eating happily. 

"Food won't come flying to you, you know." Carmella said standing beside me. She handed me a plate, took one for herself and started eating. 

"What? You came here for food right?" She said snapping me out of my thoughts. I realized I was staring at her the whole time.

"Yeah, thanks." I said and continued with my food. She seemed pretty cool and didn't talked much. 

"You are Xander's twin right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You guys are so different though." She said. 

"Hey! What are you guys talking about?" Xander asked coming out of nowhere. Wow, he wasn't even aware where I am until now and I'm sure he is just here for Carmella.

"Why do you care? Can't you just stop pestering me?" Carmella said rolling her eyes at him. I smirked. Serves him well.

"I'm not pestering you. I just came to talk to my brother." Xander said defending himself. Bloody liar.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I asked emphasizing the word talk. He glared at me before pulling me away.

"What?" I asked, freeing myself from his grip.

"Why are you behaving like that? You were embarrassing me in front of her." He complained.

"You were embarrassing yourself, not me. You heard her. You are pestering her." I scoffed. He himself is acting immature and now blaming it on me. He huffed and went away mumbling inaudible things under his breath. I shrugged and went back to the living room, everyone was laughing and smiling. I looked around to find Ilaria. I am really bored, teasing her is always fun.

I scanned the whole room until my eyes found her. She was telling something to her friend nd her brother and they were all laughing. Wait, why is his hand on her shoulder? Why isn't she saying something? 

Ugh why do I care if she doesn't? Let them be.

That's when it hit me. She was saying she will be making cupcakes today. How come she didn't asked me for one? Not even once? She actually didn't talked to me at all this evening since her friend's family came. She didn't asked me how her decorations looked. Or how her food taste. 

It's not like I care though. What else do I expect from a brat like her?

- I L A R I A - 

"We should get going now. Thank you for having us." Aunt Trisha said smiling at us warmly. Mom and her talked a lot today and seem to be getting along really well. Actually all of us were. Austin and Cameron are really funny. Easton is pretty cool too. And Carmella is already an elder sister I never had. They waved for one last time before leaving. 

"They are so sweet." Mom said smiling. I nodded.

"Sweet? They are acting, Mom. They just want to be in your good books." Xavier grunted.

"What's your problem? Don't let your negativity control you, Xavier." Mom said, clearly unhappy by his remark. He just rolled his eyes when Dad called Mom and she went upstairs. Xavier was glaring at me. Did I do something wrong? I didn't even bothered him at all today. That's when I remembered, I forgot to give the cupcakes to them today. Ugh, how can I be so foolish? It's Xavier's favorite. I quickly bought one for him from the fridge.

"I'm sorry I forgot to ask you earlier. Here." I said stretching it out for him. He grunted and slapped it away from my hand.

"I don't want to eat your leftovers. Go and give it to those Garcias. I don't care." He scoffed.

"Why are you being like this? It's not like you didn't know about it. You could've taken them by yourself too." I said. 

"Yeah, cause you were too busy with them. Right?" He said, air-quoting 'busy' with his fingers.

"So what? They don't think I irritate them when I talk. Why do you care now?" I retorted. He wants me not to bother him and now he is getting mad at me for doing it. He is also two-faced just like his twin. They behave sweetly when somebody is around and turn back to their bitter old self again. 

"Then why don't you just leave! Just get lost and no one will even care! Actually we'll be glad that a burden is gone!" He spat and left fuming. Tears were brimming in my eyes, threatening to fall. He was angry, he didn't know what he was saying. Right? He don't mean it. It'll be fine till tomorrow. 

But I didn't knew someone else has witnessed this too.

"Listen to people when they are angry, that's when the truth comes out."
-Anonymous.

Hi Guys!
How are you all?

What do you think of the chapter?

Who do you think has witnessed the fight?

Do you think people speak the truth when they're angry or not?

Question of the chapter- Which country do you want to visit?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💛