Chapter 22

Oct:19th; 5:52am; Avengers Tower

Mórrígan's POV

I brought Wilson to the medical area of the Tower, and waited for him to wake up. While just sitting next to him on the bed, I had enough time to think about what had happened the last few weeks.

Bucky and I become closer, than I would have thought. And I didn't like it. I sometimes caught myself smiling, when he entered the room, and told him some personal things about me. The hatred and anger I felt towards him, slowly started to disappear without me even noticing. He would be rude, take stuff without asking and came close. Way too close sometimes.

And then there was the time in the club, we almost kissed. He sometimes made me feel stuff, and I don't know whether I like it or not.

I have to push him away. I thought to myself, while biting my lip. Sam slowly started moving, snapping me out of my thoughts and brining me

I sat straight up, and took the glass filled with water, which was placed on the small table next to his bed from a nurse. "Morning sleepy head" I smiled and held the glass in front of me. He tried keeping his eyes open, and slowly took the glass, drinking most of it. "What happened?" His voice was husky, and he cleared his throat. "You were an idiot, that's what happened." I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled quietly.

He laid his head back down, and I could see him fighting to stay awake. "Just go to sleep. They drugged you a bit, so you wouldn't be in too much pain." "So that's why I feel like a piece of shit?" He raised his brows. I looked at my lap, and snickered a bit. It didn't take long, until I heard him snoring again.

A few hours had passed, and I still haven't left his side. I had the feeling it was my fault, so that was the least I could to right now. My eyelids became heavier and heavier, until they shut close, and I fell asleep.

It felt like I only slept for a second, until I felt a hand on my shoulder slowly waking me up. I look to my right side and saw Pietro with a worried look on his face. "Hey." I said quietly, so I wouldn't wake Sam. I stretched my arms, and yawned. "Are you alright, princesa?" He asked and grabbed a chair, sitting down in front of me.

"Yeah." I sighed, looking down on my hands. "Want to talk about it? I mean, about what happened?" He asked me, with a soft voice. I only nodded, and we both got up.

We decided to go to his room, instead of mine, so I don't have to face Bucky, yet. I sat down on his bed, and he sat next to me. "Are you ok?" He asked me again, placing a hand on my knee as a sign of comfort. "He better put his hand away." Venom said, being in his protective mode.

"Yes, I am." I said, looking down on my hands again, and slowly started shaking my head. "Actually, no, I am not." I admitted, my eyes slowly filling up with tears. "I am tired. Tired of almost getting killed by a man, who I can't even blame for his actions, someone I wish to hate." I took a deep breath and looked at Pietro, a single tear slowly rolling down my right cheek.

"But I can't. It's not his fault, and it would be selfish to think so. And I am tired of lying to everyone. Acting like someone I am not, and hiding Venom." "Well, why don't you tell them?" Pietro asked me, and I sighed.

"I can't-" "Why? Are you scared? They accepted Banner, why wouldn't they accept you?" I remained silent after that. After a while, I looked up again, and his blue eyes met mine.

"You are right. But what if they-" "I won't let them do anything to you, princesa. And Wanda wouldn't either." He said with lots of confidence in his voice. "Okay. I will tell them, but not today. I want to sort things with... Barnes out first." Pietro nodded, and suddenly wrapped his arms around me, and hugged me tightly. I hated hugs, but this time I felt like I needed one.

We sat on the bed, not saying anything until Venom interrupted us. "First, this is disgusting, and second I am hungry." I ignored him, and enjoyed the hug a little longer. "Your liver... looks so juicy, and soft..." He groaned and I pulled away.

"I think I should go eat something, before Venom eats my organs." I smiled, and jumped from the bed. Pietro laughed, but then stopped and looked at me, confused. "You are joking, right?" He asked me, clearly concerned about my organs. "No-" Before I could say anything else, he grabbed me in bridal style, and ran in the kitchen. He put me on a chair, and not even 2 seconds later, he placed a plate with 3 sandwiches in front of me, and sat on the chair, on the other side of the table. "He grows on me." Venom said, causing me to smile. "Thanks, Speedy Gonzales." I laughed and grabbed the sandwich. "What did you just call me?" Pietro asked me, and I chuckled while taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Nothing." I simply answered. We sat there, and talked for a bit. He told me about his parents, and about his life before his powers, and I told him about mine but purposely leaving the part out, about how Venom and I met. The others came to see how I was doing. Well everyone besides Barnes, and even tho I was happy about it, I started to worry. Pietro must have noticed, because he suggested going for a walk, and spending the rest of the day together.

Bucky's POV

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. Alone. Thinking about what happened. I almost killed her. I did the same thing I did years ago, probably causing her even more trauma. I hurt her, and not the first time. And that wasn't the only thing which bothered me: We got close, we shared a bed, we cuddled, we almost... kissed.

I started having a crush on her, and I couldn't deny it anymore. But even if I wanted to be with her, could I really risk it? Being together would cause more trouble, and her ending up with injuries.

And she had already someone to be with: Vector, her boyfriend. I sighed and tried to close my eyes. But every time I was about to fall asleep, I started seeing the picture of her, being punched in the face. And the one who was doing this, was me.

So instead of sleeping, I read a boo, which Steve got me a few weeks ago. I tried to concentrate, I really did, but my mind kept drifting back to Mórrígan...