• Chapter 26 •

Third Person's POV

Murphy stared at Julia in shock and concern. He didn't know how she got captured but he knew what the grounders did to him and he didn't want it to happen to her.

"What are you doing here?" Murphy questioned her and she gave him an 'are you serious' look. "Just decided my life was too boring so I got myself captured by some grounders." Julia said sarcastically.

"No talking to each other! But you will talk to me. You're both going to answer every question I ask because I promise you won't like what happens if you don't." The grounder that had been torturing Murphy before told them as the grounder who had taken Julia ran off to join the battle.

"So, what defenses are in your camp that we should know about? What's your plan?" The grounder asked Julia, but she just looked up at him in the eyes, suddenly feeling brave.

She knew she would never tell the grounders their plan or their defenses. She wouldn't put Bellamy, or Octavia, or Finn, or Raven, or Jasper, or Clarke, or even Lincoln in danger for anything.

"Screw you." Julia said and amusement was clear in the grounder's face. He was going to enjoy every minute of torture that was about to follow.

"Wrong answer." The grounder said before he hit her in the face with a right hook. Julia grunted, her cheek stinging from the impact.

"Leave her alone!" Murphy shouted at the grounder, starting to struggle against his binds. The grounder turned to face him.

"Okay, maybe if you answer my questions. I'll ask again, what defenses are in your camp and what is their plan?" The grounder questioned Murphy.

"I don't know. I know they mined the field leading up to the entrance, which you already know, and that if things get too bad, they'll probably hide in the drop ship. But I left before they made any actual battle plans. That's all I know." Murphy told the grounder, but he didn't seem to believe him.

The grounder didn't hesitate to turn around and punch Julia again. She gasped slightly at the impact, not used to being hit. Especially by a dude as huge and grown up as this guy was.

"Stop! That's all I know, I swear!" Murphy shouted, struggling against his binds again, and the grounder narrowed his eyes. "For some reason, I don't believe you."

To show just how much he didn't believe him, the grounder turned back to Julia. She forced herself to get ready for impact as he brought his fist back again.

"No, stop it!" Murphy shouted but it fell on deaf ears as the grounder hit her again, not for the first time and definitely not for the last.

~~~

Finn and Lincoln came running down the path to the camp, Reapers not too far behind them. When they reached the grounders outside the camp, they ran to the side of the path, leaving the Reapers and the grounders to come face-to-face.

The Reapers and the grounders stared at each other for a moment before letting out battle cries and starting to attack each other.

Finn ran through one of the tunnels into the camp. When he got through, Clarke immediately ran up to him and jumped into his arms. They hugged for a couple moments.