Chapter 42

Song Yan said, "It's really not easy to get this thing. I originally planned to give it to you on your birthday but you kept putting me on the blacklist. I couldn't get through with you. I was angry at that time so I didn't send it."

Xia Lin thought of the anonymous call that only said four words he received on his birthday and felt a little bit sour for a while.

Seeing that he kept silent, Song Yan became annoyed again: "I know that you don't like ET as much as I do. Maybe you don't care about such a medal... If you really think it doesn't matter, you just... just throw it away. I don't care anyway."

"Yu Luotong likes ET as much as you do. Why don't you give it to him?" Xia Lin couldn't help asking with a hint of anticipation in his tone that he didn't even notice. 

Song Yan said without thinking, "I gave him one a long time ago."

"Oh, I see." The slight ripples in Xia Lin's heart quickly calmed down again and quietly. 

Xia Lin shouldn't have expected in the first place but Xia Lin felt that he was ridiculous and really pathetic.

He slid the medal back into Song Yan's hands and said calmly: "I really don't like ET so much but this thing is so difficult to get ahold of. It's a shame to throw it away. You'd better take it back, keep it for yourself or give it to others. It's better to sell it than to give it to me."

Song Yan looked at the medal that was stuffed back into his hand and then at Xia Lin, his chest heaving for a while, his face giving a sad expression. 

But in the end he said nothing and turned away.

This time, the meeting between the two still ended unhappily. 

They never met again during the entire summer vacation. 

After the college entrance examination was released, Xia Lin wished to receive a letter of admission for the clinical medicine major of the School of Medicine of University B.

After careful consideration, Zhou Shuo decided to apply for the military academy. Only then did Xia Lin know that Zhou Shuo had always had a military dream in his heart.

Before, he felt that his life and death belonged to the Xia family so he never dared to dream in front of others. Now that Xia Lin has repeatedly encouraged him to choose his own life path, he finally stepped forward.

As for Song Yan, although his scores in the college entrance examination were not low, he finally chose University D under the influence of his father's will.

There is a business school there with the best reputation in the country. More importantly, the Song family plans to use City D as the direction of industrial expansion in the next few years.

Song Yan is now arranged to study in City D to allow him to get in touch with the management of the family business as soon as possible in order to train him to become the pillar of the Song family's future.

When Xia Lin heard these words from Xia Liang, he felt infinite emotion in his heart. 

In their last life, Song Yan's University exam result was not satisfactory. After barely graduating, his father did not let him intervene in the family business but arranged for him to do miscellaneous training in a small-scale subsidiary.

After Song Yan fell out with his family for Yu Luotong, he was drove out by his father. 

The subsidiary company didn't do well so he had to get a resume to apply for an interview with another company and his life situation plummeted.

Xia Lin thought, if Song Yan can gain a foothold in the family business in this life, it might really change the outcome of him and Yu Luotong. 

Later, Xia Lin heard that Yu Luotong did not follow Song Yan to City D, but was successfully admitted to the Academy of Fine Arts of University B.

In the last life, Yu Luotong had some talent for painting but he wanted to stay with Song Yan. Even the majors he studied in university were exactly the same and he never thought about entering the Academy of Fine Arts. 

Unexpectedly, the fate of the four of them has changed in this life. Although Xia Lin got rid of Song Yan, he eventually entered the same university as Yu Luotong.

Fortunately, the medical school and the Academy of Fine Arts are located on different branch campuses of University B. 

After school started, Xia Lin soon ushered in a new round of arduous and fulfilling studying career and gradually abandoned Yu Luotong's existence to the back of his head.

Back home during the winter and summer vacations, their high school classmates organized two or three reunions but Xia Lin shied away with various reasons. 

Soon after, he heard that Song Yan also did not go because he was ordered by his father to do an internship in the branch of City D during the winter and summer vacations and there was no time to return to City B.