Chapter 2: Welcome to Luminosa

Lina looked out the window of her carriage, watching as Jisun and her family entered the Luminosa castle

Lina looked out the window of her carriage, watching as Jisun and her family entered the Luminosa castle. It was kind of the royals to provide them with carriages that suited the styles of each of their realms, something that she hadn't expected.

"Ugh, can you close that?" Sona asked, a hand blocking the sunlight from her face. "Isn't it night time? Why is it still so bright outside?"

Lina chuckled, dropping the curtain so that the inside of their carriage was dark again. "What did you expect? The realm of light is going to have a lot of light."

"No kidding." Sona mumbled as she sat up, their carriage beginning to move again. "I hope the ballroom won't be like this."

"I hope so too."

Lina peeked out, watched as the Huang family exited their carriage. Two more until ours.

"Is Dealain or Feu here?" Sona asked, staring at her twin. Lina shook her head.

"Looks like we're the first." Lina told her.

Sona's face became serious as their carriage came to a stop and a guard opened up their door. The twins exchanged looks, knowing what this meant.

"Gosh, now I'm nervous." Sona mumbled as she slipped her mask on, covering her face.

...

Awkward wouldn't even begin to describe how Jisun felt as she stood at the top of the stairs, her realm beginning to enter the castle. She knew her father had caused the sudden sound of thunder, making all eyes inside of the ballroom turn towards her and her family.

Since the musicians had stopped playing, the man that Jisun assumed was the King motioned to them. They seemed hesitant but began playing once again.

"Um, the Yeo Royal Family of Eis." The announcer called out, introducing Jisun and her parents. Jisun followed them down the steps, feeling nervous and wished that Mark was there with her.

He'll come eventually. You know Ombra, they're going to be the last realm to arrive.

"Welcome to Luminosa." The King announced. Jisun tried her best not to look away, the white and gold of the palace, their outfits, and their masks being almost as bad as ice reflecting light. "I hope you all enjoy yourselves this evening."

Jisun stared at the man standing beside the King, who was introduced as Lee Taeyong, the Crown Prince of Luminosa. She wondered if he shared the same worries her and Mark did, needing to meet the ridiculously high expectations of their parents.

She flinched as Taeyong suddenly looked in her direction, naturally looking away. That was a close one.

Luckily, it was time for the next family to be greeted, saving Jisun from further interaction with the light realms.