Chapter 3: Start of Something New

Mark looked around the ballroom, trying to find a familiar face

Mark looked around the ballroom, trying to find a familiar face. The masks didn't help, and if it weren't for the different colours and styles in clothing, he would have found it impossible to recognize anyone.

"Mark Lee!" Mark could recognize that voice anywhere, turning around to see Chenle wearing these weird jewelled glasses instead of a mask. I mean, Dealain does really like doing things differently so you can't judge too hard.

Lina was frantically chasing him, barely able to keep up with the male. Despite the fact that it was a ball, Chenle gave Mark a big hug, as if they were in the middle of training.

"Hi Chenle." Mark chuckled, hugging the male back. If there's anything he knew about Chenle, it was that he did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Mark nodded his head over Chenle's shoulder, giving Lina a wave.

"Gosh, what took so long?" Chenle asked, releasting Mark from the hug and giving him a light shove. "You had me waiting all night. I was so bored, I ended up talking to some people from the light realms."

"Light realms?" Mark was surprised. "The two groups of realms are interacting already?"

"Yeah, thanks to this one." Lina mumbled, nudging Chenle. Chenle giggled, flashing Mark a bright smile. "Because of him, everyone is talking to each other. It's weird."

"Hey, the light realms are nice. I even made a friend." Chenle told him before looking around. "Wait, where did Jisung go?"

"You should go find him." Mark said, patting Chenle's shoulder as a pat as he caught sight of the person he was looking for. "We'll talk later tonight."

Mark ran off before Chenle could say anything else, thankful that Lina was distracting him. He moved through the crowd, eyes set on the girl walking around, probably looking for him.

"Hi beautiful." Mark whispered as he wrapped his arms around Jisun's waist, hugging her from behind. A gasp escaped her lips before she realized who it was, feeling his hands before turning around.

Mark felt satisfied as he watched the gorgeous girl in front of her take in his outfit for the night, one that his sister spent a good time selecting. He cupped her face with a hand, tempted to remove the silver mask from her face.

"You put your hair up." Jisun said, lightly playing with his hair. "This must be a special occasion."

"We are interacting with the light realms for the first time." Mark said, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her temples. "I believe this is a special occasion to celebrate with the girl that I love."

"Mark we can't-"

"Forget that." Mark said, turning her around and placing her hand around his arm. "Tonight, we're together and nothing can change that."

A light giggle from Jisun made Mark smile, as the two of them made their way through the crowds to greet the other guests.

...