2° 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

"Today we will be learning the Confundous spell. Does anyone know what this spell does?"  Lily's hand was the first (and only) up, which was no surprise to her peers.

"Miss Evans"

"The Charm Confundus is used to confuse or misdirect the target"

"Very well done Miss Evans. 10 points to Gryffindor!" He was so used to saying that in his lessons, that it just flowed out of his mouth.

After Professor Flitwick taught the class how to perform the charm and demonstrated it on James Bell, a Gryffindor, he told them to partner up and perform the charm on each other. Pete frantically ran over to Cassie and asked if they could partner up.

"You do know you don't have to race to be my partner, I'd always pick you" She reassured him. Peter felt overjoyed at the thought of being someone's first choice and couldn't hide the smile that beamed from him.

"Thanks Cassie! I was wondering why Lily was angry this morning?" He wondered, making it painfully obvious to Cassie, that the boys had sent him over.

"Oh we were just arguing over gally" 

"Gally?" He asked, his confusion showing on his face.

"Tell the boys who sent you to ask me, they'll understand" she smirked. As soon as she'd said that his eyes widened knowing he'd been caught. In Cassie's opinion, he looked like a deer caught in headlights proving her suspicion to be right. As always.

"How'd you know?" 

"And why would I expose myself like that? Anyways you go first"

After their charms lesson, the Marauders pulled Peter out of the class and rushed to their dorm so they could ask him what he'd found out. 

"Okay wormy so what have you found out?" Sirius asked eagerly. He had been impatient all lesson waiting for the lesson to end so he could ask Peter.

"Lily got angry at cassie for calling Minnie, Gally"

"Is that it?" Sirius asked disappointed, he had been hoping for something more interesting.

"Yeah" Peter shrugged.

"Well, now we know it was a stupid argument" Remus pointed out.

"That's fine, I guess," Sirius said, unhappy with the fact he'd passed up on a snog session with the ginger Hufflepuff Annabelle Jones. He had told her he needed to help a sick friend which made her swoon for him.

"Prongs, are you alright? You've been awfully quiet for a long time, at first It was nice but now it's really starting to freak me out" Remus asked. He had been watching James who looked deep in thought.

"Hm yeah, I'm fine just thinking of mine and lily pads' future," He quickly said knowing they wouldn't question it, when in reality he had been wondering how his friendship with Cassie turned into hatred.

"Prongs, I know you think you love her but maybe you should try to move on and find a girl who actually likes you" Remus suggested. In truth, he hated seeing one of his best friends chase after a girl who made it very clear she didn't like him.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lily's my soul mate," He assured him.

"Okay Prongs," Remus muttered not wanting to push too hard. He didn't want to hurt James' feelings by telling him the obvious truth.

 Meanwhile, Cassie was walking through the nearly empty corridors, most of their peers had gone to their dorms, outside, to the courtyard, or were in the library, with Lily and Marlene when they came across two very familiar faces. 

"Hey reg!" Cassie shouted across the nearly empty corridor as she walked towards him and Severus, with Lily and Marls in tow.

"Hi Cassie"

"Sev I missed you so much, I wish we had more classes together," Lily said sadly.

"We have potions together" Severus replied dryly. He tended to speak in the same tone all the time, so Lily and Cassie began searching his face to see his true emotion.

"Yes but I wish we had more"

"Okay okay so let me introduce you both to Marls aka Marlene, um she's 5'6 in height, loves flirting with boys and some girls though she tries to deny it, oh and her favourite lesson is history of magic since it's the only lesson she can sleep peacefully in"

"Cassie I think my name would've been enough, not a whole list about me"

" Well the more they know"

"I'm regulus black" He introduced waving timidly. He tended to be shy when meeting new people but once he got comfortable around them, he was very fun to be around.

"I know who you are, everyone does!" Marlene exclaimed, shocking the younger black brother. He tended to keep to his little group of friends so he was quite surprised to hear that everyone knew who he was. 

"What do you mean?" 

" Well, you are Sirius Black's brother!"

"I am, but I'd rather be known for something other than as Sirius's brother"

"Of course, that's not all you're known for. You're also the Slytherin seeker! I mean, you've helped Slytherin win the quidditch cup ever since you joined"

"I'm pretty great" Regulus shrugged.  After hearing everyone thought so highly of him, his ego was growing making him more confident.

"Pretty great? You ARE fucking great!"

"I like you, I think we'd get along really well'' He made his mind up.

"I second that" She agreed. 

"I'm Severus" Severus quickly said while stretching his hand forward in front of Marlene.

Marlene stared down at his hand with distaste at the fact that he had ruined her and Regulus' banter. From that moment Marlene decided she disliked him, maybe it was stupid but she believed she was always right about people. However, for Lily's sake, she covered up her face of distaste with a smile and shook his hand.

"It's great to meet you, i've heard so many great things about you both from Lils and Casper"

"Casper? Did you just call me Casper?" Cassie asked annoyed turning on the balls of her feet to meet Marlene's face.

Marlene was scared, she knew how scary cassie got when she was angry and knew she should probably back off but her ego would not allow her to.

"Yes, I did... Casper" She said, regretting it as soon as it left her mouth.

"Oh, thats it" were the last words Marlene heard before she was pounced on by Cassie.

"Well, that didn't go how I expected" Lily commented, as she watched her two best friends rolling on the ground, with one on top of the other.

"Is it just me or does that look really intimate?" Regulus asked as he watched the two girls on the floor.

"Yeah, it does." Lily agreed tilting her head.

"Well, let's leave them to it" Severus smirked

"Yeah let's give them some privacy"

------------------------------
𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐆𝐂𝐒𝐄𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧. 

𝘞𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 24/9/21