XXXV. I know Hell

Satella now chased Subaru and Garfiel to the forest after she swallowed everyone in the Sanctuary with her shadow.

"We're goin' to the mansion?!" Garfiel asked.

"I know what's going to happen, and I have to stop it! She's drawn to me, which means--" Subaru hurriedly replied, looking back at the destruction in its wake.

"If you say we gotta use you as bait, I'm gonna bite off one of your fingers! The old hag and Ram and everyone else already got swallowed up! I'd be a disgrace if I let it get you, too!" Garfiel yelled and the two of them stopped.

"We all... got swallowed up by the shadow...?" Otto asked in horror written all over his face.

"I can say that you guys got drowned in that black oozing shadow earlier in this future. And there's no way you can swim back up to the surface." Tanya replied.

Naofumi sighed, "You're comparing the shadow engulfing around to a flood, Tanya." 

"Does that mean that we are all dead in this loop?" Ram asked, her expressionless face watching her imminent future.

"Yes, child. We are already as good as dead at this point," Ryuzu replied with a monotone tone.

"I'm wondering... Why were you wearing two types of robes earlier, Ryuzu-san?" Otto had noticed this before but didn't question it up until now.

"So you didn't notice it, boy?" Ryuzu chuckled and Tanya beckoned at her with a stare.

"Notice what?" Otto was clueless, just as always.

"Nothing. You'll see why that happened, later on..." Ryuzu responded.

"She can switch two outfits faster than we can assume? That's amazing!" Mildo exclaimed, his innocent eyes shone in excitement.

"Ah, another idiot assumed she did that. Little did they know that there were multiple Ryuzus..." Tanya facepalmed, but decided to let it go. It would be brilliant to watch their reaction once they find out the truth. She couldn't wait for that to happen, palm on her mouth as she creepily smirked beneath the facade.

"The shadow... swallowed up all of them?" Subaru muttered in horror.

"Yeah... The whole ground was engulfed by the shadow before I even realized it... If Ram hadn't sent me flying with her wind, it would've gotten me, too..." Garfiel replied while gazing down, guilty of being unable to save those he held dear and loved so much.

"So Ram and Ryuzu-san were just... And Otto... And Emilia, too...? Damn it! Why now, of all times?! Subaru angrily demanded an answer, but unfortunately, no one was able to reply.  

Nothing like this had ever happened in his previous loops.

Why did it happen?

"Who's there?!" As he was thinking about the whole tragedy, he heard the sound of bushes moving from behind them.

One by one, small figures stepped in front of Subaru, seemingly bearing the same face, clothes, and expressions, albeit their eyes held no life nor soul.

The clones of Ryuzu arrived to assist both of them and in order for them to defeat their enemy, they were a vital source of power.

"Ah! There's so many of them!" Otto yelled out.

"What do you expect from the clones, Otto?" Kazuma asked mischievously.

Al gazed at the screen seemingly confused, "Where did they come from? And how could they be of help to them? They are so small!"