Masterpiece//36

Content Warning: Gore!

Masterpiece: A work of outstanding artistry, skill or workmanship.
————————————————————

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since I've seen Jack.

(Y/N) was back at her work and college, but there was no sign of Jack anywhere. After four days of him being gone, the girl began tuning in with every news broadcast, hoping that she'll hear anything. There were weird reports of people getting killed states away, but there was nothing near her state nor town happening.

Where the fuck was he? Did I do something? Was he angry with me?

Their last conversation didn't end in a fight or anything similar, so she was confused. The worst thing she thought about was that maybe he had been killed somewhere.

Remembering the night he got injured, she couldn't help but think he had maybe encountered the Rake thing again. There wasn't anything she could do – not knowing where his shed or that cottage was, her only option was to wait.

"Earth to (Y/N)! Hello!?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, she noticed her coworker standing in front of her with a slight frown on her face. Tanya held a tray full of dirty dishes with one hand while her other hand rested on her hip.

"There are customers ready to order. Please snap out of it and help."

Apologizing, (Y/N) quickly ran to the customers waiting to be served, leaving Tanya to do her own thing. She hated the way she was so out of it ever since Jack just disappeared. It made her sick to be so worried over someone who could snap her neck like a twig in seconds.

She wanted to know where he was, why he just left with no explanation. It was almost funny to think that three weeks ago she said how the feelings for him would be lost if she created some sort of a distance. Looking back at their moments spent together, she sighed.

Life was harsh on her, not letting her even make coffee for the customers in peace without making her think about him.
The moments they'd spend like roommates, the fear of him when they met, the detective games she played with him and lastly the letters. The letters.

The damn letters.

An idea popped up in her head. Thinking about it twice, it didn't seem like it hurt to try. Letters got her into this mess in the first place, and the percentage of it being a success was low so why not?

She served the customers in a hurry and walked back to the table her and Tanya usually sat at, checking if there were any more customers who wanted to order before she sat down.

"You want to tell me what's going on?" Tanya asked her as soon as she sat in the chair.

"I'm sorry. I got no sleep last night, I'll do better – promise."

"I don't think so." the blonde spoke, staring at her suspiciously before continuing, "(Y/N)... Have you perhaps met someone?"

The question caught her off guard. She thought that she was doing a good job at hiding the fact that she was worried. Sure, she was spacing out a lot, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that she was thinking about a person.

"What makes you think that?"

Tanya rolled her eyes and chuckled at the question. "I've seen that look on many of my friends who were completely whipped for their partners and crushes. It's not hard to recognize that look."

She couldn't pull herself out of this gutter now. The girl knew that if she tried to blame it on the lack of sleep Tanya would pick her brains until she couldn't be able to defend herself.