Thirty Four

Lori leaned on the left wall of the room as Kol finished dragging and killing the last vampire, Lori tried to think of a memory to distract her from the smell of blood and sweat that lingered in the room. "Ahh" Damon and Jeremy walked in staring at the piles of bodies, "i confess" Kol turned around the corner appearing in the little room.

"I did it" Kol put his hands up, Jeremy brought his crossbow up pointing at Kol. "Kol?" Jeremy asked confused, "Jeremy good to see you mate" Kol nodded his head. "Sorry about the mess, it was a little crowded when i arrived and i preferred more intimate gatherings" Kol smiled, "we three need to have a little chat" he brought his hand up that held a vodka bottle.

"Care for a drink?"Kol asked Jeremy, "he's underage and i don't like you" Damon responded stepping forward. "So let's cut to it" Damon walked forward, "my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter mark, it was easy enough to track this lot down" Kol glanced at the dead vampires.

"They we're all hiding in the shadows, now killing young vampires is easy, or old ones for that matter" Kol smirked, "why? what's it to you either way?" Damon asked. "Because you fools in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous" Kol said serously. "Oh you must be talking about Silas" Damon said turning towards Jeremy, "what do you know of him?" Kol asked.

"Nothing, don't want to not our problem" Damon responded shortly, "isn't it?" Damon shook his head. Kol laughed, "a few hundred years back i came across a group that worshipped Silas, his followers told me that he would rise again and when he did he would trigger the end of all time" Lori shuddered hearing the story.

"You know being immortal you can see why i'm opposed to times ending" Kol said, "i murdered all of them" Kol said finally. "Now here you are trying to risk raising him in your search for the cure, i can't exactly sit back and let that happen can i?" Kol glared. "We're not going to back of the cure because you were told one to many scary bedtime stories, you idiot" Damon said cooly, Kol shoved Damon back.

Jeremy brought the crossbow up again, Lori stepped forward putting her hand up in warning. "Jeremy we were mates in Colorado, your a smart lad why don't you call of this imbecile treasure hunt?" Kol said slowly, "i'm not calling anything off, mate" Jeremy responded. "Well i could kill you" Kol backed away, "but then i'd have to deal with the hunters curse, and i don't particularly feel like being haunted for the next century" Kol out the bottle of Vodka on a shelf.

"Better idea, i'll just rip off your arms" Kol snapped his fingers before vamp speeding towards Jeremy, Lori got shoved down by Jeremy when she was distracted looking at Kol. Jeremy ran out before Lori used her magic to push Damon away, Lori stood next to Kol as he smirked.

Lori walked back to the bar while Kol chained Damon up as his little play thing, Lori grabbed a bottle and a couple shot glasses. She hadn't done this since she was in that house with Katherine, i guess things have changed a lot. She knocked back two shots of vodka making a face as it burned her throat, she bit a lime before taking a seat on the bar top.

Lori watched as Damon walked out of the bar, Lori jumped down standing by the door to the storage waiting for Kol to walk out. "You just let Damon go?" Lori asked as Kol walked over to get a drink, "i compelled him to kill Jeremy" Kol smirked.

Lori walked into the Mikaelson mansion splitting up as Lori went up to her room to change, after changing she brushed her hair as Kol walked in. "Did you ever hear you can't walk in on a lady without knocking" Lori called as she fixed her earrings, "i have something for you" Kol said smiling. Lori turned facing him looking at him curiously, "Alora Branson" Kol began taking a box out of his pocket.

"Kol?" Lori whispered, "now this isn't a marriage proposal but it is a promise" he said as he opened the box which held a ring with a small rock. "I promise to one day change this with an engagement ring" Lori stared wide eyed, "so Alora Branson, would you one day do the pleasure of marrying me?" Kol smiled.

Lori smiled quickly nodding, Kol stood up putting the ring on her left hand. She quickly hugged him before planting a soft kiss on his lips, he gripped her waist before pulling back. "We should go i may have caused a bit of chaos" Kol smirked, Lori laugh before he vamp sped away.

Lori was staying at a hotel while Kol handled business with the Gilbert's, before he left Lori put a protection spell just incase anything happened she'd be alerted. She couldn't lie she spent the better half of the last hour looking at the way the diamond reflected the light, she absolutely loved the way it looked.

She jumped when a ringing rung through the room, Lori jumped realizing it was the home phone on the desk of the hotel room. She picked up the phone "hello?" she spoke into the phone, "Lori? we've got a problem Kol's planning to kill Jeremy" it was Klaus. "What- okay meet me on 24th" Lori said quickly before hanging up. She picked up her green jacket putting it on before running out of the room, she ran down to the lobby.

She ran down the ride before running right into Klaus, she stumbled back. "Klaus?" she watched his angry expression "your boyfriend has officially gone of the rails" he muttered turning and walking down the road, Lori quickly followed. "He'll be fine" Lori said, "it's not him i'm worried about" Klaus said quickly. "What-" she heard tires screeching Lori turned as a van sped down the road, she saw a guy practically hanging out of the window with a gun in his hands.

"Klaus watch out!" She jumped in front of close bringing her hands up to flip the van, it tumbled before lighting on fire. Lori was breathing heavily as she turned to Klaus, "Nick?" she whispered before collapsing. Klaus quickly caught her, resting her on the floor. He looked down as blood spread on her clothing, "here" Klaus bit his hand bringing it up to Lori.

She drank before resting her head back, "deep breath" Klaus called. Lori cried in pain when Klaus reached pulling out the two bullets that had made their way into Lori's abdomen. She smiled lazily "thanks" she said before Klaus held her up, "they might hurt Kol" Klaus quickly said. Lori's eyes widened "then what are we waiting for come on" she pulled Klaus before they began walking again.

Lori and Klaus turned onto the familiar road, they both looked at each other before taking off running. That's when Lori felt the burning in her heart, Klaus kept running but she bent over groaning as she felt fire in her chest before it stopped. She was left with heavy breathing and an ache, for something missing. "No" she cried before running towards the Gilbert house, she walked up standing next to Klaus.

That's when she saw it, a burning body with a stake in their chest. Lori cried out as tears began to fall out of her eyes, "no, no" she kept repeating as Klaus held her stopping her from falling. She cried as a whimper escaped her throat watching her dead lovers body burn to ash, Klaus too had tears in his eyes as he caught off a sob.

"What have you done!" Lori yelled as more tears leaked from her eyes, "we didn't have a choice, he was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm" Elena stuttered. "He wouldn't even been here if you hadn't invited him in, it was a trap admit it" Lori tried to lunge forward but was stopped by Klaus, she was to weak to fight so she stayed there crying in his arms.

"You said you were going to put him down too" Lori drowned out the conversation as she watched Kol's body finally get put out. Klaus vamp sped them in, Lori dropped down to where Kol's body was as Klaus tried to escape the trap. Lori sobbed until she felt empty, now she just sat there staring into space.