─ ¹⁷. I'M TELLING YOU, HE'S NOT BLOODY THERE!

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 *•. ┄┄

𝒓𝒖𝒅𝒆

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Hermione and Ron had to painfully sit through the rest of the exam until they were finally allowed to get out. Once they bustled out of the room and were running through a corridor, Hermione saw her specky best friend hurrying towards them too.

"Prongslet!" Hermione said throwing herself at him in a hug.

"Where have you been?" demanded Ron.

"Come with me," Harry said quickly as Hermione let go of him. "Come on, I've got to tell you something. . . ."

He led them along the first-floor corridor, peering through doorways, and at last found an empty classroom into which he dived, closing the door behind Ron and Hermione the moment they were inside and leaning against it, facing them.

"Voldemort's got Sirius."

"No," Hermione said at once, but it was apparently taken the wrong way as Harry only gave her a panicked look.

"How d'you—?"

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam."

"How? When?" Ron asked as he paled.

"I dunno how," said Harry. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven . . . He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there. . . . He's torturing him. . . . Says he'll end by killing him . . ."

"How're we going to get there?" he asked them.

"We're not," Hermione said. "They aren't there!"

"Hermione! It's your dad!" Harry snapped at her and Hermione narrowed her eyes.

"I bloody well know that's my dad! That's why we shouldn't go!"

"And let him die?!" Harry hollered.

"No!" Hermione said shakily. "Look, I know he isn't there!"

"But you also didn't know he was your dad, did you?" Harry retorted and Hermione narrowed her eyes more. "He's dying right now and you don't even care!"

"I DO CARE!" Hermione shouted back. "It's my fucking dad. But he is not there, Harry!"

"Sirius might've cracked and just wanted some fresh air," said Ron, sounding worried. "He's been desperate to get out of that house for ages—"