Chapter 4

" Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?"

You all stood in front of a closet. You were a bit curious as to what's inside

"That's a boggart, that is." Said Dean

"Very good, Mr. Thomas."

"Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

" No one knows."

"When did she get here?"

You let out a small giggle

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so mysterious and-" you said

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes... Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!"

" Riddikulus!"

"Very good. A little louder and very clear Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" Everyone said

"This class is ridiculous." Muttered Draco

You looked back at him, and he seemed to fix himself as he looked at you, you sent him a small smile and he just grunted and looked another way. You looked back at Professor Lupin

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Uh... Neville, would you join me, please?"

Neville seemed a bit reluctant since mostly bad things happen to him.

"Come on, don't be shy. Come on. Come on. Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?"

"Professor Snape."

"Sorry?"

"Professor Snape."

The rest of the kids laughed and agreed, you however didn't know how mean and scary Professor Snape is.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother."

"Y-Yes but I don't want that boggart to turn into her, either."

Professor Lupin laughed

"No... it won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind."

He then stepped aside close to the closet

"She carries a red handbag..."

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe... here's what I want you to do. Excuse me. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmother's clothes. Can you do that? Yes. Wand at the ready. One, two, three. Think, Neville, think."

The closet door opened and out came Professor Snape, he did seem very threatening looking

" Riddikulus!"

Soon Snape had old women clothes, from Nevilles grandmother, and the whole class laughed.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay... to the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line! Form a line! "

Everyone was pushing and shoving, you were reluctant. You stepped to the side instead, not wanting to participate.

"I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny. Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear.Be brave! Wand at the ready, Ron, wand at the ready."

Soon the boggart of Snape changed into an Acromantula, Ron put a face as to where he was scared.

"Riddikulus!"

Soon the huge spider had roller skates on each leg and was stumbling

" Yes! You see? Very good, very good! Marvelous! Absolutely, very, very enjoyable! Parvati! Next!"

Ron moved to the back of the line well towards the back

"Show us what you see. Keep your nerve. Steady."

In Parvati it was a huge snake.

"Riddikulus!" She yelled

And it turned into a huge clown from the jack in the box toy.

"And next! Step up, step up!"

Next was Harry, you stood in the sidelines and Professor Lupin saw it

"Wait... sorry Harry, it seems we got a shy one... y/n please come up."

Harry looked back at you as did everyone.

"I'm sorry professor my fear is just... a bit dumb."

"Nonsense come here."

Professor gently took your shoulder and guided you in front of Harry, in front of the boggart. He then took your book. He noticed it was about werewolves, he cleared his throat. The boggart was transforming, you were nervous. You looked at Professor Lupin who just smiled at you. You didn't know what you were going to chose. Then it suddenly got very cold in the room. There was a dementor, your eyes widen. Before you knew it, Professor Lupin stood forward. And then it changed into a full moon.

"Riddikulus!" He yelled

The moon turned into a balloon, and the closet opened causing the balloon to go inside.

"Right. Sorry about that. That's enough for today. Collect your books from the back. That's the end of the lesson. Thank you! Sorry! Sorry, you can have too much of a good thing." He says

Harry looked frightened as well and the class was leaving. You didn't leave. Professor looked at you he wanted to ask you something

"Why are you reading a book on werewolves ?"

You turned to him

"Fascinating creatures they are, Totally misunderstood. I feel like one who is with them for a long time would manage to snap them back. People see werewolves as cruel, Heartless carnivores, when in reality somewhere deep down they know what they do. They have a feeling. It makes them go into an animal instinct that they forget who's around them and just go for the kill-"

"That's why there dangerous ! Y/n tell me you won't go anywhere near a werewolves. Don't go looking for trouble."

He stepped closer to you, he was basically towering over you.

"This may be inappropriate Professor but-"

You hugged him.

"I'm here. Have a little faith in me." You smiled

You pulled away, grabbed your book from a table and walked out. Professor Lupin looked at you a bit surprised, he was staring at the door for a bit he couldn't believe it. You were at your dorm and you see Hermione change, you did as well, to a casual black sweater and jeans.

"Your going like that to Hogsmeade?" She asked

You looked at your outfit

"Hogsmeade? I see it is snowing outside but I never had gotten any clothes for winter was i supposed to?"

"No silly, let's just go."

You and Hermione walked down to meet the boys in the common room.