Bokuto Koutarou - Give Me a Little More Time Pt 2

AU: Regular

AU: Regular

Requested

Tags/ Warnings: Male! Country Reader, not much plot tbh...just adds on to where the last one left off

Word Count: 1.8k +

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

It was very strange for Bokuto to hope for something like car trouble, and yet here he was, pulling into the driveway of a familiar house in the middle of nowhere, hoping for nothing less than his car to break down. Maybe it was because he didn't have an actual purpose for being there other than the boy who lived in the house. But, Bokuto told himself, that boy was reason enough.

The boy who lived in this house was worth the hours of questioning from his parents even though Bokuto couldn't tell them much about him. The things that (Y/N) had told him were his to tell, not Bokuto's.

Bokuto walked up the steps to the front door and knocked. A giddiness filled him, he could feel himself shaking from anticipation. He didn't have long here if he wanted to make it back to school on time, which only meant that he had to make every second count.

(Y/N)'s grandmother opened the door. Her usual distasteful look rested on her face as she glanced over Bokuto's form. The corner of her mouth twitched up. "(Y/N)'s at the chicken coup," she said, shutting the door before Bokuto could get another word out.

Bokuto only smiled. As he made his way through their back gate, one that he helped fix, he said to himself, "I think she's warming up to me."

Once he spotted (Y/N), he had to physically stop himself from running up to him.

Bokuto's smile faltered. He hadn't known (Y/N) long or even been at this house very long, but he hadn't realized just how much he missed it until he saw (Y/N) standing inside the freshly finished chicken coup gathering eggs. Could he miss something that wasn't really his?

(Y/N) turned his head. His mouth gaped open slightly. Refusing to break eye contact with Bokuto, he placed the basket of eggs on the ground. He rushed to him and then stopped.

"I smell like chickens," (Y/N) said.

Bokuto shrugged. "I think it's worth the risk."

(Y/N)'s smile widened and closed the gap between them. Bokuto wrapped his arms around him and let himself relax into the hug.

Bokuto sighed. "I can't stay for long."

"Can I persuade you to stay longer?" (Y/N) loosened his grip on Bokuto, taking a step back.

"Probably," he admitted, and he wasn't lying. Bokuto didn't think it would take much for (Y/N) to convince him, an offer of a story, a day feeding the animals, another quiet night of (Y/N) laying beside him on his makeshift ground bed, would be all it took. "But then we'd both have to face the wrath of my volleyball coach and play catch up with school work."