Chapter 29

"Why did you tell her we're sleeping in the same room?" I asked in frustration as I packed my clothes into a bag.

Ian shrugged. "Why would I lie?"

"I told you, I don't want to be a homewrecker"

"And I told you, there has to be another woman in my life for you to be a homewrecker"

I scowled. "You're so annoying"

Ian smiled and nudged his chin towards my bag. "Give that to me" His hands reached for it but I swatted them away.

"No need. I'll take these into your room"

After packing everything I dragged the bag into his room and opened the door to his walk in closet. The left side of it was filled with all of Ian's clothes and the right side was emptied by Ian for me.

Since Emma knew everything I decided to move my things here so that I wouldn't have to run back and forth between the two rooms while getting dressed for work. Much easier this way but on the bad side, Emma would think of me as an obstacle for her purpose.

Ahhh so annoying!

"I'll help you" Ian suggested from the door.

"No need" I waved a dissmissive hand. "I can manage. You go and get dressed for work"

"Okay then" Ian gave a nod and went to the bathroom.

I hung my long dresses and my work clothes in the steel bar, my colourful blazers contrasting starkly against Ian's all black suit jackets on the other side. I placed my heels and my shoes on the lower shelves and opened a drawer to put my underwear but instead found something rectangular inside.

Frowning in puzzlement I took it out. It was a framed photo, a photo of two teenage boys smiling with their arms around each others shoulders.

My gaze first went to the boy with blue eyes and dark hair. I stared at him with narrowed eyes for a moment, thinking the boy looked familiar then gasped realising he was Ian.

He looked a few years younger than the other boy, who had brown eyes instead of blue but shared the same hair colour with Ian. Noticing their resemblance I realised the other boy was Nathan Kingston, our former CEO and Ian's older brother.

He died six years ago, two years before I joined the company but I've read a lot about him. His cheating scandal was the biggest scandal of the country years back and there was no newspaper, magazine or TV channel that didn't talk about it. He repeatedly cheated on his wife with his ex girlfriend in one year into their marriage and then committed suicide out of grief when his parents sent his mistress abroad.

The country called him a douchebag and I don't blame Ian for thinking the same. After the scandal, ATC stocks fell damaging the company and Ian had to work his ass off to build it back. Because of his brother's reputation Ian had to prove himself many times and perhaps that made him isolate himself from any sort of relationships, turning him into the devil of ATC.

"What are you doing?"

I turned around and found Ian fiddling with his tie in front of the dressing table, a frown curling his lips as he tried to tie it properly. Realising he didn't see me holding the photo, I quickly hid it behind my back.

"Oh umm... nothing. I just uh... finished" I quickly turned around and carefully put the photo back in without making a sound. As a book reader I knew it was never a good idea to invade someone's privacy. The consequences can be harsh.

"Okay then come and help me with this tie"

"You've been tying your tie for years now. Can't you do it by yourself?"