chapter 10 : connecting

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I picked up my buzzing phone without looking at the contact name, while walking home from the corner store. "Hello?" I said but no noise came from the other line. I pulled my phone away from my ear to look and see the caller.
"Best looking boss in the world🙃🤍"
God. When did she have the time to do that. Then my mind was brought back to earlier tonight when she did something to my phone and didn't tell me what. I quickly jumped out of my thoughts when I heard what sounded like sniffling come from my phone.

"Alexis, are you okay." She didn't reply. Atleast not in words. More sniffles could be heard louder than before. "Do you want me to come over?" I asked in a nervous voice. After a few seconds I heard a quiet voice. "Please?" The sadness in her voice immediatly worrying me. "I'll be right there."

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

Here I am sitting on my couch crying over my cheating husband. This is so pathetic. I am so pathetic. But hey I technically cheated too so I have no right to be angry. But that's the thing. I'm angry. So very angry. Yet I can't stop crying.
*Knock Knock*
I got up and quickly wiped off my tears. I hesitantly opened the door. "Erm are you okay you didn't sound so good over the phone." She said. The second I heard her voice. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears I pathetically attemted to wipe away quickly returned as I looked up at her. Eyes now glossy. Lips now chapped.

I just grabbed her hand and pulled her into the house without saying a word. She just looked me in the eyes before pulling me into a deep hug. I put my arms around her and squeezed pulling her closer. I didn't realize how much I needed this until now. Tears one by one just started dropping. I was full on sobbing at this point. Her grip on me never letting up.

We were now in my bedroom me still pathetically crying. I sat up keeping my hand in hers. This is not a sight anyone would want to see. How does she have no problem with it? After a few minutes I yawned.
"I'm going to go and let you get some sleep okay?"
"No no no stay. Please." I said while holding her hand even tighter than before. If that was even possible.
"Okay I'll stay but I need some clothes i've been in these all day." She said. I pointed to the draw that's on the right side of my queen sized mattress.
"Look in there I think they'll fit you well." I was right they fit her perfectly. Shirt just a bit oversized. As I really took in the view I realized how good she looked in my clothing.

"Okay come on lets get some sleep." She said while crawling into bed with me. We slept backs facing each other. Tears still running down my face but thanfully slower then before. I then gathered the courage to turn around. A few seconds later she did the same. We just stared into each others eyes until she moves closer only leaving a tiny gap between us. She pulled my face closer connecting our lips.

We pulled away at the same time. "Goodnight." Was the last thing I said before she engulfed me in a hug like position. I felt warmth. Comfort. And for the first time in a very long time I felt loved. I slowly dozed off. The salty taste of the kiss because of my tears still lingering on my mouth.

𝗔/𝗡
i usually never go more than 3 days without updating so yeah all the new readers pls dont think i dont update quick😭 smth happened and i just couldnt write but its all good now !!!