Chapter 9

Alana's POV

I was in the kitchen cleaning up when I heard the door opening, I didn't think too much about it, as the kids and their friends always comes and goes as they please. That is until I smelled it.

A lone wolf.

Lone wolves, are wolves that has never had a pack or a family, they are born into the wild. After their first shift they barely ever shift back. They are more wolf than human.

I have heard it is possible for some lone wolves to even loose their human side because they never shift back. They rely only on their animalistic behaviors.

A lone wolf is not necessarily feared or hated, but should be treated with caution. They will not hesitate to attack when they think it is necessary.

I slowly turned around to see my baby girl. Even though they look stunning, I still can't get used to those purple eyes.

Is that how people felt when my hair turned white? Lijah never mentioned it.

Liley is walking between Ellie and a lone wolf, one hand on each side petting them with a big smile.

I can't help the gasp that leaves my mouth, getting all their attention. Can parenting get any stranger?

I instantly mind link Lijah to come home, there is no way to handle this without him.

"Don't worry mommy don't need daddy. This is my new friend Daisy." she says like she is not talking about a lone wolf.

"It is a...lone... wolf... baby." I say slowly, hoping she will make this easy on me today.

"Her name is Daisy." she says like I didn't hear her the first time. Luckily before I have to think too much about an answer Lijah bursts through the door.

"Where is the emergency, where is all te pups, is everyone safe?" he says in one breath, looking around searching for a threat.

When his eyes land ond Liley and her companions he sighs shaking his head.

"Liley sweetheart, what did daddy tell you about bringing strangers home?" they've had this conversation before? When? Why did I miss it? She's done this before?

Liley gets that pout on her face that could get a serial killer to safe lives. She is good!

Goodluck daddy, I am leaving while I still can.

Lilah's POV

Why would daddy want her to leave she is my friend just like Hope and Ellie and Ruby.

I know he said before that I wasn't allowed to bring something or someone into the house that hasn't been sleeping there before.

There was the time with the baby bird, the buck, the cat, the chicken, the mouse, the racoon, the baby from the hospital.

I don't even understand that rule. There was a time when Hope didn't sleep over at my house and now she does sometimes. She is my friend and Daisy is my friend.

I met Daisy near the woods, I'm not allowed to play in the woods with her so I invited her home, she looked sad and tired and hungry. She really needed a friend, so why can't I be her friend?

"Liley, she is a lone wolf, she doesn't like living in a pack. She likes to be on her own in the woods." that is exactly what he said about the racoon, the buck and the bird. I won't fall for it again!

"No she doesn't daddy, she likes being here with me, she is my friend, she won't hurt anyone." I plead. I hope this works I don't want her to leave, everyone deserves to have a real home and friends and family.

"She can't my little..." he didn't get time to finish as we heard screaming and bones breaking.

I tried to look away it sounded like it hurt so bad until I heard a hoarse voice.

"I promise I won't hurt anyone, I'll do a blood oath" Daisy says grogily. It is clear that she hasn't used her voice in a long time.

A blood oath is a very strong oath, if broken the person could get very sich or die. How do I know that?

Daddy looks like he doesn't know what to do for a few seconds before he reluctantly nods.

"I will protect Lilah and your family with everything that I have for the rest of my life, no harm will come to her on my watch." her voice is starting to get better.

Daddy nods again before Daisy turns back into her wolf form. The form she is most comfortable in.

Daddy mumbles "I need some juice" before he turns around and leaves us alone.

I show Daisy around the house and I tell her that we will get her a bed like Ellie has although Ellie usually sleeps on my bed.

She can't share a bed with Ellie yet, Ellie is still a bit jealous.

Once she has seen the whole house and I've given her something to eat and drink, we make our way to the living room.

Everyone is coming over today for our friends day and we are watching a movie.

Everyone is already there, fighting about what to watch. Even my little cousins who started joining friends day last month.

I introduce Daisy to everyone while Ellie tries to distract me, unsuccessfully.

I get comfortable on the mat using Daisy as my own cussion and Ellie cuddles into my side, with Hope, Ruby and Noah next to us.

It takes us almost another half hour before everyone finally agrees to watch 'Spies in disguise'.

Somewhere during one of the movies I must have fallen asleep, because I wake up with a gasp, tears in my eyes.

I make my way towards Ace's room. I alway go there when I have a bad dream. He makes me feel safe.

As I crawl into his bed I feel him waking up and mumble a quiet 'bad dream' before cuddling to his side.

I was just starting to fall asleep when I heard him speaking "sissy, you know I don't mind you sleeping her but we don't all fit anymore, your friends have to sleep in your room or on the ground"

I heard a little whine and groan from Ellie and Daisy before they jumped off and made themselves comfortable on the mat.

I said a quite 'love you', but I don't  know who it was meant for because I was already asleep.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I'm sorry it took so long to update.

Please vote & comment!