Chapter 6

*Navya Pov*

"Hello?" Divya said, lifting the call.

"Divya! I am getting married." I said, smiling at the thought.

"What? I am sorry here is some disturbance, so I think I heard you saying you are getting married. Now, tell me what it is?" she asked.

"I am really getting married." I replied this time clearly.

"What? You can't do that. That is unfair to our girl generation." She shouted into the phone.

"What are you saying?" I asked her shocked.

"Before getting tied down you should have a boyfriend, or at least, you should have little heaps of proposals for you. So this is unfair Navya." She replied explaining what she means.

"And also you are young, Navya. Marriage can't be dealt at this age." She added, but this time in a serious tone.

"If I make any mistakes, then he will be there and not to forget my parents along with his will also be there as it is an arranged marriage. It will be our parent's responsibility to make us go in a right path." I said, remembering the words my Mom and Dad always tell us.

"This is 21st century, Navya. They have their lives and will not live just to protect your marriage. This is a life decision so think again for my sake at least." She said in a calm tone.

"Hey! I already know perfectly well that one day my parents will select one perfect groom, and I will get married. Now that is happening so I am totally normal with it." I said in confidence.

"How do you know that he is the perfect groom?" she asked after a few seconds.

"Because my whole family thinks that he is good for me, which directly makes him perfect groom." I replied going near the window.

"Hmm, I think you just made your mind, so I will not say anything but there will be time for the wedding right, I will check up on him to see whether he is good or not." She said sighing.

"Actually, I am going to get married in three days." I mumbled because I am sure now she will give an even bigger class.

"What? And you are ok with that too." She screeched.

"We are talking on the phone, Divya. You need not to scream like that." I said, rubbing my ear.

"Well, I am trying to at least send these words into your brain, which looks like it just shut down its door." she said in an angry tone.

I explained to her why we are getting married in three days and requested her to come to my house so that she will be present in the rituals if they are happening in the first place.

"Navya! Let's go, we need to go to shopping." Di said entering my room.

"Di! You know that I don't love shopping right, so please you just do it for me." I said pleading her.

"Navya! You are going to come and select your own attire for the wedding and also some other as you need for after your wedding." Mom said from the door.

"Mom! I will not come and even if I do, you will get angry." I said folding my hands.

"Of course I will get angry. Every time you just sit on the chair and looks around the shop. You look at each dress, which are in cupboards, but not take them out to see them clearly. When we ask you, did you like it? You just say 'Yeah'." She said shaking her head.

"If I like it, then I should say that only right Mom?" I asked her confused.

"Yeah! But not to each and every dress we show you." she replied.