Chapter 43

In a flash of four years, Xia Lin successfully completed his basic clinical knowledge study and entered the probation stage for the next semester of his senior year.

According to the arrangement of the school system, he'd normally attend classes in the university every morning and go to the affiliated hospital for internship in the afternoon.

The trainee instructor he is currently assigned is named Ke Mei, a neurosurgeon. He looks like his age is twenty-six , handsome, and gentle.

Ke Mei cared for Xia Lin very much. He didn't hide anything that should be taught to him. He answered his every question.

He found that Xia Lin was very interested in brain tumors so he asked him: "Do you plan to go to graduate school to specialize in Oncology in the future?"

"I have this idea," Xia Lin nodded, "but our subject tutor offered me two choices. One is the Oncology department and the other is Neurosurgery. What do you think Teacher Ke?"

Ke Mei pondered for a moment: "The Oncology department currently focuses on conservative treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy. As for neurosurgery, surgery is the main focus. The two are complementary to each other. More often, they need to cooperate with each other for treatment. The specific choice depends on you. I can only provide reference opinions."

Xia Lin thought that he had to be careful about this matter. Although he had no problems with his annual physical examinations over the years, it did not mean that there would be no problems in the future. There are not a few cases of sudden tumors and rapid deterioration in one or two years. Choosing which major to specialize in will affect how he can find a way to save himself in a timely and effective manner.

But it takes five years to study for an undergraduate degree in medical school and there is still one year before graduate school so he doesn't have to rush for a while. Thinking of this, Xia Lin smiled at Ke Mei: "Then I'll go back and think about it again."

Ke Mei nodded, "I'm getting off work soon. There are only a few patients today. I rarely get off work on time. Should I invite you to dinner?" "

"No," Xia Lin waved his hand, "I have to do my course essays when I go back. Just eat something in the cafeteria." 

Ke Mei looked at him helplessly: "I have invited you five time but you never agreed. "

 Xia Lin just smiled: "Wait for a few days after this training is over. I will invite you to dinner, okay?"

Ke Mei no longer forced him, stretched out his index finger, and lightly tapped the tip of Xia Lin's nose: "Then it's settled."

This action is a bit intimate but Ke Mei will only do these small actions to him when the two are alone.

Xia Lin felt that Ke Mei might have some interest in him but his interest was rather vague and unpredictable.

In fact, at the beginning, Ke Mei still had the demeanor of a mentor. He was also very disciplined towards Xia Lin and was no different from other trainees in the same period.

But since Xia Lin accidentally ran into Ke Mei in and out of the newly opened gay bar "Midnight Flight", Ke Mei completely released himself in front of Xia Lin. 

He did not hide his sexual orientation and did not restrain himself, sometimes teasing Xia Lin.

Xia Lin doesn't actually hate Ke Mei. In a sense, Ke Mei has a lot of characteristics that attract him, but that is not an attraction among lovers.

Xia Lin hopes that he will become an excellent doctor like Ke Mei in the future. No matter how troublesome the patient he encounters, he can be calm when he is in danger.

Hearing that Xia Lin respects Ke Mei and cherishes this kind of teacher-student fate, since Ke Mei is only playing ambiguously with him while guarding the bottom line, he will just give in to the other party appropriately.

The two went to the door of the hospital together, said "goodbye" to each other, and then separated.

 The medical school is separated from the affiliated hospital by a wall. You can walk back to the dormitory within ten minutes. Xia Lin didn't even bother to ride a car, so he walked back and forth.

At this moment, he was about to head towards the college. 

Suddenly, someone behind him called him uncertainly: "Xia... Xia Lin?"

He looked back and was slightly startled. 

It was Yu Luotong who he hadn't seen in more than four years.

After four years of not seeing each other, Yu Luotong was half a head taller than he was in high school. His facial features have grown. His face is brighter and more beautiful than before.

"Unexpectedly, it's really you!" Yu Luotong ran over with a look of excitement, "I was puzzled before. It was clear that we both went to the same university. How come we didn't meet each other once after graduation?

He did not expect to see Yu Luotong again. His attitude became so enthusiastic.

After being rejected by him in high school, Yu Luotong, who always looked awkward every time he saw him, has completely disappeared.