Stefan - insomnia

request: Hey there! Could you please write a story where Stefan has really bad Insomnia and Elena helps him fall asleep by singing him a lullaby

written byLilyFlynnigan4 

Stefan rolled over in bed again. He just couldn't seem to fall asleep. Elena slept soundly beside him and he couldn't help but be jealous. He shifted once more and finally seemed to hit a good spot, but as soon as he closed his eyes- all he could hear were sounds. The neighbors, Jeremy, the yappy dog two streets over. Stefan bit his lip. This had been happening a lot lately. He had barely slept in the past few days.

Elena had no idea how bad it was getting, and he didn't want to bother her with it. They were finally at a good place in their relationship. No monsters trying to kill them.So he just couldn't bother her. Elena rolled over and reached out for Stefan's arms. Stefan quietly wrapped his arms around her, as she slept on his chest.

Stefan looked at the ceiling. He decided to count the ceiling tiles, until he finally fell asleep. Stefan opened his eyes and he was in a graveyard. He looked up to see his father. "Father, please."

His father was raising a weapon towards him. "I should have done this a long time ago." Stefan whimpered. "I'm still me. Please! I'm your son." His father grumbled. "No you're a monster." Just as he moved to hurt Stefan, he was shaken awake.

Stefan opened his eyes and panicked, not knowing where he was. "Hey, hey. Shhh. It's me, you're okay." Stefan looked over to find a shocked looking Elena rubbing his back.

He breathed out and could feel the cold sweat covering his body. He rubbed his jaw. "Uhh, I know. I know. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." he apologized. He couldn't believe he had a nightmare in front of her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked gently. "No." he answered harshly. "I mean...no thank you." He exhaled and started to climb out of her bed. "I'm gonna go." Elena quickly clung to his arm. "Wait, please don't. I won't ask any more questions. Just stay." she pleaded. He slowly sat back down. "You look exhausted." she whispered, not letting go of his arm.

He rubbed his jaw and neck again. "I haven't been sleeping great." he mumbled. "Why didn't you say anything?" Stefan just shrugged. Elena shifted in the bed. "Here, I have a trick my mom used to do for me when I was little." She patted her lap, so Stefan laid down with his head on her thighs. She started running her fingers through his hair and humming. As his eyes started to close she sang the words outloud.

"Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some choose to believe it

I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
Look what it's done so far
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing And what do we think we might see?

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me

All of us under its spell
We know that it's probably magic

Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound
That calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same I've heard it too many times to ignore it: It's something that I'm supposed to be

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection The lovers, the dreamers and me Da-da-da-dee-da-da dum Da-da-da-da-dee-da-da-doo"

Elena looked down to find Stefan finally asleep and not thrashing around. So she smiled and decided to stay in that position. She kept rubbing his hair without really thinking about it. She eventually found herself able to fall asleep sitting up too. She would probably have a sore neck tomorrow, but it was worth it if Stefan finally got some sleep.