二十七

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Yena's POV
My eyes opened slowly. I gulped down my saliva again, hoping it'd help quench the thirst that stabbed at my throat. It felt dry, and it felt like it wad about to be inflamed soon. My voice had gone hoarse from shouting for help.

I slowly sat up in the shadow, leaning against a wall. A ray of light shone in. It was day. Although, I'm not sure what day. I can't keep track of time anymore. It seemed like I've been trapped here for an eternity.

I'm giving up. It's useless to keep trying to break free. The ropes are tied too tightly, I felt my wrists start to bruise whenever I try to wriggle free. My ankles also hurt from being tied up tightly for too long. I'm slowly losing all hope.

My lips were cracking. I'm severely dehydrated. I don't know how much longer I can actually survive hear. I'm running out of energy to stay concious too, and the wound at the back of my head isn't helping either. The pain from the headache that surged through my entire head made it feel like my skull was being cracked open. It was unbearable. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore.

I'm sorry, Jungwon-ah....... I can't get out..... It's impossible now....... I'm sorry........

Subconsciously, I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. And before I knew it, I was sobbing hysterically. I'm going to die... And Jungwon might never find me here..... And he's... going to......

I'm sorry, Jungwon-ah.... I'm really sorry..... But I can't hold on any longer..... I'm sorry..... I love you..... I really, really love you.....

The world around me started spinning. My head continued throbbing, and I leaned back onto the wall and closed my eyes, no longer having the strength to keep them open any longer.

Goodbye, Jungwon-ah..... I'm sorry..... Really sorry.....

And I let myself collapse onto the ground. A ringing noise filled my ear, making my head hurt even more tremendously, before I blacked out for good.

I love you...

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Third Person POV
The prince leaned against the wall, hugging his knees to his chest. It's been exactly 2 days, 20 hours and 27 minutes since he and Heeseung had discovered Yena had been kidnapped. It's also been over a day Heeseung's friend, Geonu, had joined the search party. Everyone was still in the conference hall. Jungwon was still keeping everyone here till one of them owned up. Ni-ki's interrogation led to nowhere. The guards were adamant on talking on their master. So the prince just told him to get rid of them for good, which he did.

Jungwon was giving up. He was close to having 0 hope. Usually, victims of kidnapping don't survive for more than 24 hours. And usually, there'd be a ransom. This time, there was nothing. And this was stressing Geonu out, because it was unlike any other case he had solved before.

The police searches had also turned up to 0. Geonu had decided to join them and point out their mistakes, to see what went wrong. And over the course of the next 40 hours, they deployed many officers to search any place that a kidnapper would go to hide with their hostage. Nothing. And now Geonu was looking through the map of Seoul and marking out where they've searched.

"This is useless. It's a wild goose chase. I need a coffee." The detective threw the marker on the ground.

"Geonu, you've already drank 5 cups. I think that's enough."

"Hee, this is a good day. I can go up to 10 on a regular day and 15 on a bad one."

"Don't you sleep?"